• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken800

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Discount or not, I prefer to do an FFL transfer with someone I feel comfortable with. I've done three with Mooney's in Round Rock and he is a super guy.

M3rt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Holy crap batman! I picked up two stripped lowers from PSA from my FFL today. First time I've used Central Texas Gunworks in Austin and I'll definitely be back!

Regular: $20 per ITEM
    CHL: $15 per ITEM

But, get this! While I was filling out the 4473 (one form, two items), they asked me if I was a "Texas Law Shield" member. I am. That qualified me for half off the CHL rate, so $7.50/item for a total of $15.

Personally I wish it were one fee per 4473 since you can have up to five items on a single 4473, but that's completely their discretion and they need to make money so I won't argue with that. Given the 50% discount for TLS members, though, I'll be running everything through them from now on.

BTW, I tracked the Fedex to them and got the notification it was delivered this morning. They called me around noon to let me know they were ready to pick up. GREAT service and very friendly.

Wow didnt know about the texas law shield discount! Makes me want to spend money so I can save money! lol

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I received an email with a copy of his FFL earlier this year. But that doesn't mean it hasn't changed since then.

Try achopin@austin.rr.com
    Dangit, I knew I pissed him off (kidding). Adrien got a new job, a baby, etc, so as far as I'm concerned, he's not in the game full time. My last xfer using him wasn't "received" till the 3rd attempt because he was out. Nice guy though. I made many xfers using him over the last 6 years.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Could you explain? Pm if needed.
    Im not a gun amateur. I spent some money in there. Its the only shop where I have been treated straight up unprofessionally. I gave them the chance to make it right and they wouldn't. Ill leave it at that.

That being said, new owners? Hopefully new staff? Maybe they have seen the light.

Top Bottom