Not open for further replies.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    New thread for the new year. The first 2 lunches are already planned:

- Fri, Jan 1st: merging this lunch with the open carry lunch since I think most people will be there. Keep an eye on this thread to know the location..... http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/a...rry-lunch.html

- Fri, Jan 8th: We've been at this for 3 years come the 8th and we'll go back to where it all started to celebrate! Rudy's on Research Blvd. Let's see if we cannot get our biggest gathering ever out this day!
    Texas SOT

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Hoping to make it today...I posted on the WilCo Firearms buy, sell, trade FB page the details of our gathering. As some of them were looking for range time out that way, we might get a couple new folks to drop by. We shall see...

ATX117

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2015
    Austin
    I have a conflicting appointment tomorrow so I'll be missing lunch. I'll see you next week with more girlfriend stories for Mic.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I have a conflicting appointment tomorrow so I'll be missing lunch. I'll see you next week with more girlfriend stories for Mic.

Looking foward to hearing them Blake!

See everybody at Rudy's who can make it to our 3 year anniversary!!!!!!

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I was going to put this in PM to folks, but I'll put it here: my wife and I are hosting a "12th night" (Epiphany) "party" tomorrow night from 6:30-???. This is a "drop-in" style gathering where folks can show up, socialize, and leave on their own accord. We'll be serving home-made Pozole, Austin-made empanadas and other assorted goodies, including the first King Cake of the season!

As well as being the introduction to the Carnival season (which immediately precedes Lent), 12th night is typically also celebrated in certain Christian traditions. This has been a tradition in my wife's family for generations, hence the party.

So, if you're a part of the Austin "lunch" crowd or would like to meet, you're welcome to our house to join us.

From 6:30 until about 9:00/9:30 will be a more "family-friendly" atmosphere and older children are welcome (since we have a fire pit in the back yard, younger children are discouraged). Past about 9:30, we'll break out a selection of games (we do quarterly game nights), some of which aren't necessarily child-friendly (content/presentation, not any kind of weird, kinky Austin shite).

If you're interested in dropping by, PM me for the address. We're near Lamplight Village, more or less.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    So far yes!

sent from: wait, where am I!?

Might I suggest that we send pictures of our receipts to any restaurants that fall off of our list due to 30.06 and politely let them know why. And those that post 30.07, let them know that while we may not stop eating there completely, that they will be far lower on our rotation of Friday lunches.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Great idea Hoji. While I have not been able to make any lunches in last year, I hope to slow down my project list for awhile. (of course that being said it will now double)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom