• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ATX117

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2015
    Austin
    Well, heck...I'm not so much a pizza crust eater either...but, Conan's was mentioned and there were no strong objections. It has been quite a while since we visited there. Now that I check the menu, it looks like a change has been made. I see one and two-slice options; but not the multi-slice deal we've seen in the past. Dang.

Salad and a couple of slices should work, I reckon.

Just looked at their menu, their lunch specials are not interesting at all. I think I would rather order a Savage and take some home. I may not make it anyway, I had barn roof damage from the previous storm that I'm trying to get fixed before the possibility of rain on Sunday. It never ends around here.
    Gun Zone Deals

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Just looked at their menu, their lunch specials are not interesting at all. I think I would rather order a Savage and take some home. I may not make it anyway, I had barn roof damage from the previous storm that I'm trying to get fixed before the possibility of rain on Sunday. It never ends around here.

Well, hope you can make it.

As the saying goes, "Ranch ownership...it's a journey, not a destination" :)

Did one of your pups warn you of the barn damage? I know if you asked him what was wrong, he would have replied, "Roof, Roof!"

Reelthrill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Round Rock
    I have never been to Conan's, the wife doesn't eat pizza, no meetings today, so I am in. But I see there are 3 Conan's locations, which one is the group partaking in?

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I have never been to Conan's, the wife doesn't eat pizza, no meetings today, so I am in. But I see there are 3 Conan's locations, which one is the group partaking in?

Sorry this wasn't clear. It's Conan's North...Anderson Lane & Burnet in the West Anderson Plaza. Can park on Burnet(behind Conans) and avoid the shopping center traffic. We usually take the small elevated dining area just inside the rear entry door. I'll likely wear a pizza-sauce-colored 5.11 shirt(known as burnt orange here in Austin).

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Ok folks. The lunch for this week is Sams Boat (we chose that at Stiles 2 Fridays ago).

Also, on March 17th, we're doing our Friday fishing picnic. I am thinking East Metro park in Manor. Checked it out and it should accommodate us well. Any gripes about that location or other suggestions. Let's get the ideas floating and finalize the plans this Friday.

ATX117

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2015
    Austin
    Should be cool but nice on the deck at Sam's Boat(if we decide to dine al fresco). I'm hoping the hush puppies are back to the original.

You guys know that I love lunch on the deck at Sam's Boat, but I have an dental appointment during that time. Hopefully I'll see everyone next week.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    So, next week, the group will be at Rudy's.
    The following week (3/17), we will be having our fishing picnic.
    Unless somebody has some real heartache about it and speaks up soon, we'll be going to Kingfisher pond in East Metro Park (Manor).

[url]https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ll=30.28978644495692%2C-97.5222120884552&spn=0.054463%2C0.073557&msa=0&iwloc=0004bc503ae52e5d660bb&mid=1Oi0PtWuAQ3NWOlzclXY3IHXf53Y&z=16

[/URL]
    Time to say who is in and who is not and what we'll be bringing....
    There are grills there, but I haven't checked them out to see the condition. So, if anybody has a truck and wants to volunteer to bring a grill (or pick mine up from my place), that would be helpful.
    I am in. I'll bring sausage and a side (shooting for baked Mac 'n cheese) and volunteer my grill if somebody can get it.
    Things we could use:
    - Paper towels
    - Utensils
    - Condiments
    - Burgers/Dogs
    - Sides
    - Whatever other meat

Note: in the past we've learned that it's really a good idea to bring utensils - otherwise we have 5 or 6 guys poking at the grill with their pocketknives....

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Which Rudy's, and how will I know I've found y'all?

Southbound side of 183 just south of Balcones Woods Dr. We usually claim a table or two on the patio on the north side of the building(right side as you face the front from 183) near the partition wall. Join us @ 1100 hours if you can...we usually stay until at least noon.

ATX117

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2015
    Austin
    Well guys, I accepted a job. I'll try to get to a lunch in a few weeks once I get settled in. I was going to come today but my whole afternoon is taken up with travel. Give me a few weeks to settle in and I'll join you again,

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    So, next week, the group will be at Rudy's.
    The following week (3/17), we will be having our fishing picnic.
    Unless somebody has some real heartache about it and speaks up soon, we'll be going to Kingfisher pond in East Metro Park (Manor).

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...5d660bb&mid=1Oi0PtWuAQ3NWOlzclXY3IHXf53Y&z=16

Time to say who is in and who is not and what we'll be bringing....
    There are grills there, but I haven't checked them out to see the condition. So, if anybody has a truck and wants to volunteer to bring a grill (or pick mine up from my place), that would be helpful.
    I am in. I'll bring sausage and a side (shooting for baked Mac 'n cheese) and volunteer my grill if somebody can get it.
    Things we could use:
    - Paper towels
    - Utensils
    - Condiments
    - Burgers/Dogs
    - Sides
    - Whatever other meat

Note: in the past we've learned that it's really a good idea to bring utensils - otherwise we have 5 or 6 guys poking at the grill with their pocketknives....
    I'm afraid I will miss our St. Paddy's Day pic uh nic. I've got a commitment in town just after lunchtime. Dang.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Okay - who is in for tomorrow? I'm still in, but dragging my grill out for a solo picnic isn't so cool.

Supposed be be partly sunny with 20% chance of rain at picnic site.

Who is in and whatcha gonna bring?

I can bring the following:
    - Weber grill (if needed - I'll get out there early and check the grills. If needed, I'll have this.
    - Cooking utensils.
    - Sausage, hot dogs
    - Tortts
    - Baked Mac n cheese
    - 2 liter Diet Dr Pepper

Let me know if you're in!!

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Okay. After further review (looking at hourly forecast), rain chances are down to 5% at 11am when we start.

Also, forgot to add, I'll bring the charcoal.
    And those Tortts I'm brining. They're nothing special. Just a misspelled version of normal torts.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    I was supposed to be able to.....then my schedule got effed!

Can we reschedule for early April? Changing jobs then and will have lighter schedule!

Sent from...wait where am I!?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom