• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Wow...I was amazed at all the junk not even relating to guns that were at the Austin Gun Show today. I walked in made one round and left. I was so disappointed. I guess the gun show at the George R. Brown in Houston and Pasadena Convention Center will be my only hangouts, since I am about half way between Houston and San Antonio. Gas is just too expensive for that kind of show.:(
    Canon Shroud Ad

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Wow...I was amazed at all the junk not even relating to guns that were at the Austin Gun Show today. I walked in made one round and left. I was so disappointed. I guess the gun show at the George R. Brown in Houston and Pasadena Convention Center will be my only hangouts, since I am about half way between Houston and San Antonio. Gas is just too expensive for that kind of show.:(

There are only a few booths that are really worth checking out.

Chuck's Class III and his friend's booth.
    A Texas Gal's Guns? (or something to that effect) has a nice selection of quality guns. Kimber, HKs, they often have some of the premium models.

There's a long row of AR parts and uppers that includes a wide selection from one particular vendor.

Other than that, kinda the same old cheap stuff. Alot of Stars, Bersas, Kel-Tecs, and other entry level guns. Every so often you'll get a few Series 80 Colts to look at.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    And JERKY:D Dont forget the jerky. And the WWII "collectables' {Nazi Germany coins and flags.:rolleyes:}

I have found that the gun show in general is just not worth my time{and they will not allow you to come in armed}

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Gun shows are very dissapointing lately, we do have a pretty decent one here in Fredericksburg surprisingly - even have a few NFA devices every time.

We have had some less than good experiences with Chucks Class-3 lately........my buddy even bought a suppressed 77-44 that was new - but Chuck used it as a demo during the paper transfer and didn't even bother to clean it when the owner picked it up.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Gun shows are very dissapointing lately, we do have a pretty decent one here in Fredericksburg surprisingly - even have a few NFA devices every time.

We have had some less than good experiences with Chucks Class-3 lately........my buddy even bought a suppressed 77-44 that was new - but Chuck used it as a demo during the paper transfer and didn't even bother to clean it when the owner picked it up.

That's not cool. Once something is bought it should be on a shelf just hanging out until the owner gets it. That's a big risk, and a stupid one at that, to run it.

I wasn't aware that Fredericksburg had a gun show. When is it?

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    There is a show in Harker Heights this coming weekend. Not sure who the promoter is, but it ain't saxet.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    The last show in El Paso really blew.There were only about six of us with guns and the Sharpshooter company from Lubbock.The rest was jewelery,jerky and statues of fairies and dragons.I may not sell at the next show as the last two were horrible.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That's not cool. Once something is bought it should be on a shelf just hanging out until the owner gets it. That's a big risk, and a stupid one at that, to run it.

I wasn't aware that Fredericksburg had a gun show. When is it?

I went to the Fredricksburg show once. It was pretty good but nowhere near as much stuff as the Austin show. Of course that margin gets closer each time another bead or candle booth sets up at the Austin show.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    It's this weekend, anyone that wants to come up and get together for a beer/lunch/or range session - let me know!

Top Bottom