• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Except it exists purely on the internet and is traded like a commodity. Value can change, buy low, sell high, but then again, so is real currency. Least that is my minimal understanding.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Except it exists purely on the internet and is traded like a commodity. Value can change, buy low, sell high, but then again, so is real currency. Least that is my minimal understanding.

Right, and the majority of US dollars don't actually exist outside computers. If any of them exist outside the Federal Reserve's ledgers, that is.

All three rounds of "Quantitative Easing" didn't result in more printed money, they were purely digital.

If it's simply money, why is it a big deal that a Austin Gun Store is now going to accept it?

Because it's a new currency, and it's the only (or biggest) one I know of that wasn't created by a government. Sometimes its noteworthy when an alternative currency is accepted by retailers because it's a sign that country's currency is getting weak.

Last edited:

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Right, and the majority of US dollars don't actually exist outside computers. If any of them exist outside the Federal Reserve's ledgers, that is.

All three rounds of "Quantitative Easing" didn't result in more printed money, they were purely digital.

Because it's a new currency, and it's the only (or biggest) one I know of that wasn't created by a government. Sometimes its noteworthy when an alternative currency is accepted by retailers because it's a sign that country's currency is getting weak.

I was going for something I didn't convey well in my reply. LOL. Point was that it's not simply money like any other currency but rather what you explained very well, alternative currency. So how long do you think it will be before it is accepted at say Walmart? Also, someone mentioned buy low and sell high. Can you also buy and then loss money if the market or whatever drives the value goes down?

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    I was going for something I didn't convey well in my reply. LOL. Point was that it's not simply money like any other currency but rather what you explained very well, alternative currency. So how long do you think it will be before it is accepted at say Walmart? Also, someone mentioned buy low and sell high. Can you also buy and then loss money if the market or whatever drives the value goes down?

Definately. If you want to have a laugh, look at the bitcoin value time lines, specifically around the time that China said that you couldn't deal in them there.

hardcase60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Central Texas
    OK, so bitcoin is a commodity? Let's say that I use bitcoin to purchase a pistol and at that time the market is soft, then would the pistol cost me more? But then the seller holds his bitcoin then the the market goes up and he cashes out, would he increase his profit two ways? First he got more bitcoin from me at the time of the transaction, plus the increase in market value at the time of the exchange? That will take buying toilet paper to a whole new level!!

hardcase60

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom