• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Far as Alamo Ammo, I know the guys that run Hex Tactical, they had a booth, when the show opened it was a mad dash to Alamo Ammo and a long line!
    Gun Zone Deals

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    They weren't in line for Alamo Ammo's ammo, they were in line for the powders/primers/bullets in the booths right next to them in my opinion.

I can vouch for this. I was shaking my head in disgust as I took a picture of Alamo's prices, meanwhile a gigantic line was building up for the booth across the aisle from Alamo. at least from what I saw, there was never a line for Alamo. That place makes Cheaper than Dirt look good.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    That place makes Cheaper than Dirt look good.

Yup. Alamo was constantly doing their carnival barker routine pimping free ammo and a CHL class if you buy a gun in the next hour. There were no lines for Alamo, only casual browsers marveling at their audacity.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Thanks guys, that was second hand info and the guy that told me was on his table, probably not good view. I sure am glad folks were spending with WCArmory and not Alamo Ammo at their prices!

Polished Rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Austin Texas
    Late post....
    I was working Saturday but my wife and son went on Saturday afternoon. He bought a 33round mag for his Glock17. I don't recall what he paid for it though but he was happy to find it. I was able to get off and go Sunday afternoon with the son again for a couple of hours before they closed up. And yeah, we walked around and laughed at the ammo prices. But I enjoyed the show. It's always good to get to handle a lot of different guns. We saw a lot of varied prices but most prices on guns were fairly consistent if a little high. Did see a S&W M&P 5.56 AR for $999 and a Kahr CW9 on a table in the outer concourse w/Case, 2mags, holster, and 50ct box of ammo for $400.

Last edited:

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I forgot to mention, I had a celebrity sighting(kinda) at the gunshow. Scott Fisher from the local fox news channel was there with some friends. I was tempted to annoy him with his typical radio sign off. At the end of the weather he always says "Scaa aught fisher". Anyhow, I overheard that he didn't know much about guns but I still thought it was cool to see a local news team member at the show.

Top Bottom