• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Dear god I feel like I got robbed in the school cafeteria... This show was completely bogus... I absolutely love Debra Medina and her movement but the people at her table were not the cleanest and most memorable speakers...

Avoid if you can... I can't wait for Saxet to come back to Austin...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Wow, glad we didn't go. Funny thing is, the guy I bought the M59 from at Cabela's mentioned it; but we went to the Live Oak show istead. It wasn't much better...

pwrincross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Pflugerville,TX
    I just have to put in my two cents worth about the gun show in December. It was a travesity as far as gun shows are considered. I understood that the first gun show Texas gun shows put on at the Crockett center was last minute and they had limited participation. Well they have had time to get their act together and I am ashamed to say that I attended the one on December 19th. I will NEVER attend one of theirs again. They didnt take up even 1/4 of the space. I would not even consider it a gun show. I will travel to another city if I have to to attend a gun show in the future. I hope that SAXET gun shows come back to Austin soon!!!! It would be better to spend the money on gas and travel around to the various gun stores in Austin area to see what they have instead of paying for a ticket to that gun show.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I just have to put in my two cents worth about the gun show in December. It was a travesity as far as gun shows are considered. I understood that the first gun show Texas gun shows put on at the Crockett center was last minute and they had limited participation. Well they have had time to get their act together and I am ashamed to say that I attended the one on December 19th. I will NEVER attend one of theirs again. They didnt take up even 1/4 of the space. I would not even consider it a gun show. I will travel to another city if I have to to attend a gun show in the future. I hope that SAXET gun shows come back to Austin soon!!!! It would be better to spend the money on gas and travel around to the various gun stores in Austin area to see what they have instead of paying for a ticket to that gun show.

I felt like demanding a refund I was so insulted... And then to top it all off it looked like there were college kids doing the securing of firearms... IDK about the rest of you but the number of idiots that show up to gun shows I'd like a little assurance from the boys in blue...

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Went to the San Antonio show today, bigger than when it was at Freeman, good venue, pancake house and Mexican within walking distance. I'll drive to SA rather that the show in Austin, that one is a waste.

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Well I have to admit I also went to the 12/19 show and it was as stated above and I will not be bothering to go back until things improve- trouble is if none of us goes we will never know so maybe we ought to assign everyone a month to go and report. I think about 1/3 of the vendors comes down from the Belton/Temple show- its also very small too.
    That said I agree its better to waste $$ to head to Houston Reliant or the Dallas Market Hall show- I would darn near bet that if one was really looking for something specific you might save the cost of travel/lodging on the purchase compared to the "pride" some of the small town show vendors have in their stuff.
    Looking for something special and want a great show, save your nickels and dimes and head to Tulsa in April.
    Still have an end zone ticket to the BCS Championship if anyone headed to Kalifornia
    Mark

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I grew up going to Gun Shows at the G.R Brown in Houston so even the Saxet didnt impress me here i Austin, I went to one and it reminded me way too much of the hole-in-the-wall shows they hold in Pasadena. After that Saxet show i stopped going to the ones here in Austin and would drive to Houston to go to the High Caliber shows down there.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Well I have to admit I also went to the 12/19 show and it was as stated above and I will not be bothering to go back until things improve- trouble is if none of us goes we will never know so maybe we ought to assign everyone a month to go and report. I think about 1/3 of the vendors comes down from the Belton/Temple show- its also very small too.
    That said I agree its better to waste $$ to head to Houston Reliant or the Dallas Market Hall show- I would darn near bet that if one was really looking for something specific you might save the cost of travel/lodging on the purchase compared to the "pride" some of the small town show vendors have in their stuff.
    Looking for something special and want a great show, save your nickels and dimes and head to Tulsa in April.
    Still have an end zone ticket to the BCS Championship if anyone headed to Kalifornia
    Mark

With the staff in charge of that show from what I could tell they're not actively seeking to make it larger so I think we're safe for quite some time before it gets to where we need to re-examine it...

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I felt like demanding a refund I was so insulted... And then to top it all off it looked like there were college kids doing the securing of firearms... IDK about the rest of you but the number of idiots that show up to gun shows I'd like a little assurance from the boys in blue...

I felt the same way.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom