• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrent

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    The 3rd weekend of each month there is a gunshow in Austin. I've been going for years --very few deals, but every now and then I find something I can't live without.

Its not uncommon to see a couple of folks filling out a (now again) yellow form.

This last weekend ---at opening time (9:00AM) there was probably 300 people waiting to get in ----took about 30 minutes in line. Alot of politcal talk there in line ...go figure.

I saw one booth that sells stripped AR lowers with 15 people lined up filled out yellow forms in hand. By my Saturday vs Sunday count one booth sold over 10 AR uppers.

One of the retailers that sets up every show. I guess they ususally display 300+ guns ---by Sunday 1:00PM they had a lot of table showing.

Prices were about the same as usual.

Most of my gunshop owner/FFL buddies tell me they see the same feeding frenzy.

Are you guy seeing the same?

Are you part of the frenzy? Buying or selling?
    Venture Surplus ad

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    We've been busy as hell at Red's, and burning through our fair share of 4473s.

We have been ordering stuff as we can find it, and our black rifle selection is nill. As soon as they come in the guns last maybe 24 hours, some a matter of we put them up and they are gone in 2 hours. We field alot of phone calls from people asking if we have X model AR / AK, or any of the AR / AKs left.

From what people were saying there was virtually no ammo or ARs left by Sunday, and that prices for AKs and ARs were a bit extravagant.

I bought two stripped AR lowers for my "just in case" stash, even though I don't really have huge aspirations to build an AR right now.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    I bought an AR upper online but i've had the lower complete and collecting dust for a few months...figure might as well finish it. Ammo and regular mags are next on my scavenger list as the supply seems to be low

peabody304

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    I usually try to get to the Austin Saxet show early. I was very surprised to see the number of people in line. I thought about leaving for a second, and then joined them. Once I got in, the crowd looked pretty much like it does by late morning.
    -peabody304

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    I've been to the Saxet twice in the last 2 months. Even before BHO was elected, I couldn't believe the prices on powder, primers, and loaded ammo. You can go to McBride's and see better prices - AND not have to pay $5 to get in. I guess I shop at GT dist. and Sportsman's Warehouse too much and am spoiled. Even if it is there after Jan 23 - I won't be going back to the Saxet.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I was totally amazed at how many people were there. It is kind of funny and spooky at the same time. I am glad i got there before the doors opened and didnt have to wait in line long to get in.

Over the past year or maybe even longer, the show has been nothing more that a retail priced bazaar. You really have to hunt and peck for deals and be wiling to walk away if its not to your liking. I managed to find an upper for about $175 less than the best online price I could find and managed to sell my M&P45 for about $75 more than what any of the local stores offered me. i miss the days when prices were below retail, some VERY below retail, but I guess with demand comes higher prices.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom