• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Gun show prices, plus the fee to get in. Plus the hassel of getting through the crowds. Plus the people constantly clicking the effing stun guns.....

I avoid gun shows unless i need something really hard to find and need it quick like...

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Buck Nekkid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    San Antonio
    Each to their own. A gun show is one of the few places where like-minded folks can gather supporting their passions and making new friends.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Gun show prices, plus the fee to get in. Plus the hassel of getting through the crowds. Plus the people constantly clicking the effing stun guns.....

I avoid gun shows unless i need something really hard to find and need it quick like...

No worries here, I've never seen a crowd at this show! :D

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

How does the Austin HWY show compare in size to the SA Events Center show?

I've not been to the Austin HWY show.

yours, satx

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Ive only ever been to the live oak one and it was always packed

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

You mean the one in the old Live Oak Civic Center (now demolished)? It was packed because it was a small venue, and rarely worth the time or effort.

To All,

How does the Austin HWY show compare in size to the SA Events center show?

I've not been to the Austin HWY show.

yours, satx

Much smaller. We've gone twice, and won't bother to go again. If you want a halfway decent gun show, it's either SAXET or Premier. None of the other shows in SA are worth attending...the market here is already saturated with those two shows, and any vendor worth their salt isn't a part of one (or both) of them.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I've been to the Austin Highway show twice since it first opened.

The first time, when I walked up to the door and took a look around it was half empty.

About a year later, I paid my six bucks, and after a short stroll, saw nothing of interest. Looked more like a flea market with some guns for sale.

At least I did not have to pay for parking. So, I called it a wash.

Be well.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    shortround,

PITY that it's not at least as "pretty OK" as the old Live Oak show was. = I found any number of actual bargains at that little show over 2-3 years, including a 4" Model 24 S&W in good shape for 200.oo.
    (I think based on your/max's reports that I'll pass.)

yours, satx

Buck Nekkid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    San Antonio
    Kim is doing a great job of getting the Austin Highway Events center in shape. She's put on a new roof following this past spring's hail storm. She's redone all of restrooms. It's getting nicer every month! Here's the quandry, more vendors will be there if there are more attendees; attendees will be there if there are more vendors. $6 + FREE PARKING and an opportunity to perhaps see folks who can't set up at the other shows. I've been on the "waiting list" for Saxet for over a year!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    There are several smaller promoters trying to squeeze into an already saturated market. Liberty has tried and failed, as has Texas Gun Shows. At least Buddy Howell is trying to hit the outskirts of the city with small venues for folks that don't want to drive into SA for the larger, better shows.

I've been to the Austin Highway show twice, neither time was worth the bother. I won't again for exactly the reasons stated...

Top Bottom