• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Meh, just another case of him being blown by the political winds.

Meanwhile, on March 16th, hotwheels singed the 35th consecutive suspension of the Texas Constitution due to covid. The lege could end that shitshow, but they’re as spineless as he is.

I read the declaration, and agree with what is said. What he actually intends to do with the power is unknown - but as stated - keeping the orders in place that limit what the counties and cities can do to piss on people ala mask and clot-shot mandates - and stating that the orders will only be in place until the legislature addresses these issues - I actually like.

I'm with @Hoji on this - if he actually pardons Perry, and can push the legislature into fixing the issue of vax mandates, mask mandates etc no longer being in the wheelhouse of city and county politicians - he'll earn my vote at least for another term as Governor or Senator. Probably not enough to earn a vote for POTUS, but Abbott doesn't have much of a leg to stand on in a Presidential run anyway, when compared to DeSantis, Noem, or even Orange Man.
    Lynx Defense

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I read the declaration, and agree with what is said. What he actually intends to do with the power is unknown - but as stated - keeping the orders in place that limit what the counties and cities can do to piss on people ala mask and clot-shot mandates - and stating that the orders will only be in place until the legislature addresses these issues - I actually like.

I'm with @Hoji on this - if he actually pardons Perry, and can push the legislature into fixing the issue of vax mandates, mask mandates etc no longer being in the wheelhouse of city and county politicians - he'll earn my vote at least for another term as Governor or Senator. Probably not enough to earn a vote for POTUS, but Abbott doesn't have much of a leg to stand on in a Presidential run anyway, when compared to DeSantis, Noem, or even Orange Man.

1. The issues involving the cities & counties should be handled by the citizens of those cities/counties. Like DPS in Austin, it's not the state's responsibility to make up for bad government. That power isn't the Governor's. Let the citizens do it.....by any means needed.

2. Funny how Abbott sees this as a problem now....and not when the "emergency" started. He never called for special sessions then....but he considers it a priority two years after the fact. Wonder if all the polls on his chances for national office had anything to do with it?.....

This is political theater. If the Legislature doesn't pass his priorities, he won't push the issue further. He'll just keep renewing his power grab and trying to convince voters that he's not a Dem in Disguise....

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

You do understand the only way the counties got the power to do that is because of Abbot’s Covid emergency declaration, right?

With out an emergency declaration, the section of law that the counties used to force business to enforce their laws is not operational. That section relies entirely on an emergency declaration in place.

That’s been in place in place for three years, for something that was designed to be a 30-day power for the governor to call a special session of the legislature in order foe the legislature to appropriate disaster funding from the rainy day fund if needed.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    You do understand the only way the counties got the power to do that is because of Abbot’s Covid emergency declaration, right?

With out an emergency declaration, the section of law that the counties used to force business to enforce their laws is not operational. That section relies entirely on an emergency declaration in place.

That’s been in place in place for three years, for something that was designed to be a 30-day power for the governor to call a special session of the legislature in order foe the legislature to appropriate disaster funding from the rainy day fund if needed.

No, did not know that tidbit.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Who actually pulls the strings in Austin?

Sounds again like shit that the legislature needs to fix. If we have a grand jury system in Texas, it should be followed. No charges should be allowed to be filed in cases that would otherwise be the purview of a grand jury. Any DA attempting to circumvent them *should* be able to be removed immediately by order of the governor or county judge, and be barred from holding any such office again.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    They are getting sent back to the border.

DPS is short handed too.

Let CoA voters reap what they sowed for a time... if they don't recognize there is a shortage and a need for more police they won't change their ways.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    from the article, "“If people want to accuse us of racial profiling or being indiscriminate, we have body-worn cameras,” McCraw said earlier this month."

DPS is racist because the people they arrested while policing Austin are minorities? Or are a disproportionate number of minorities involved in criminal activity?

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Seems like criminals are being caught, traffic fatalities are down, and the city is on the right track… so they get rid of DPS as they are just too effective at reducing crime and making arrests.

If the city ever begs for help, I hope DPS tells them to call on other cities…

Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    Just a little reminder on Government control.
    Whorehouse.png

Top Bottom