• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NcongruNt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Austin
    Do they have good sweet tea at Blacks? I really like the sweet tea from TX Roadhouse and was wondering if Blacks was just as good or better. After I go to the range I'll demolish a pitcher of sweet tea!!!

This will be my first time to Black's (that I'm aware of... my dad may have taken me when I was little), so I can't attest to the goodness of the tea. It is sweet, as stated on their menu. I did a quick search to see what I could find, and none of the comments/blog entries that mentioned sweet tea had anything bad to say... so I suppose it's probably pretty good.
    Target Sports

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ooh! Does that mean we're going to have some sort of competition?

I had not considered that, but it certainly sounds like fun!

Hmm... what kind of contest should we have?

25yd Mousegun bullseye?
    100yd Mosin-Nagant sharpshooting?
    50yd 12ga. slug bullseye?

Oh the possibilities....

The 100 yard Mosin contest could be a possibility, I actually have one of those and some ammunition. If people wanted to pit their mouseguns and themselves against one-another at 25 yards, I think that would be a neat competition.

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    What kind of ammo does a Mosin Nagant use? Anyone bringing a rifle that shoots 7.62x39? I'd like to pick up somme 7.62 to shoot through an AK. As well and try and find some ammo for a Mosin Nagant.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The Mosin uses 7.62x54R which is easy to find. The problem is the easy to find stuff is magnetic and I don't think Lone Star wants the ammunition used on their range, even if it's just bi-metal jacketed. If I had some more Yugoslavian surplus I would bring that since it's copper jacketed lead core. I could bring some of my old Bulgarian ammunition and the rifle with me and ask. I think the idea of a pocket gun competition would be sort of neat.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    I've got plenty of 7.62 X 54R ammo. I'm also bringing 4 Mosin Nagants M91/30. I'll also be bringing a 9MM a .38 snubby airweight and a 1911 .45 and plenty of ammo for each.

dane421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    DFW
    It looks like everything is a go for me. I will bring:

MP5 SD
    HK 53
    HK tactical w/evo45
    Glock 17 w/evo9
    AK 105
    AKS-74U
    SBR GSG5 w/warlock
    SBR ar-15 22lr w/ob II
    Rem bolt gun w/ OPS 3rd model

I hope to see you guys there.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm going to pull up in the small hatchback with gold wheels. I'll be wearing a TGT shirt. I got my K31 out of my storage building, but I have very limited ammunition, so I may or may not bring it. I'll be bringing my Mosin too, just because.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It looks like everything is a go for me. I will bring:

MP5 SD
    HK 53
    HK tactical w/evo45
    Glock 17 w/evo9
    AK 105
    AKS-74U
    SBR GSG5 w/warlock
    SBR ar-15 22lr w/ob II
    Rem bolt gun w/ OPS 3rd model

I hope to see you guys there.

Oh you gotta be kidding me?! The one time I'm not able to go, and someone's bringing all these cool toys?! Argghhhhhg! lol ;) j/k Oh, just fyi but, in case it wasn't mentioned earlier, the Lockhart range currently isn't allowing any f/a fire. Not sure why, but that's their current rule until they expand on the berms or something.

sturgis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    North Austin
    Hey! I just want to tell everyone who showed up that I had a great time.
    I'm not sure I'll remember everyones names or aka's, but thanks for an enjoyable afternoon.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I got in late and only stayed for about an hour but it seems like a bunch of y'all showed up. Matt seemed happy at the number of new shooters to his range.

Who won the T-shirt?

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    I made it back home without getting lost!!! Had alot of fun shooting those Mosin's! :shoulder might fall off sometime tonight though!;): My Marlin got to play as well.

HK Fiend missed out on the Mosin shootout we had!

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I got in late and only stayed for about an hour but it seems like a bunch of y'all showed up. Matt seemed happy at the number of new shooters to his range.

Who won the T-shirt?

NcongruNt won the t-shirt.

I had a great time out there and enjoyed meeting everyone. Lone Star is a nice range as long as you watch out for old ladies. The mousegun competition didn't happen, but the Mosin challenge was fun to watch. As soon as I dig my camera out of my clutter I'll get some pictures on here.

NcongruNt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Austin

Who won the T-shirt?

It was good to see you again.

It was me that won the shirt. We had a Mosin-Nagant clay-busting competition, with clays on the berm. After 3 run-off rounds, we finally had a winner. Fun competition.

It was a great day, and I'm glad everyone came. Black's was so good. We even got to meet Mr. Black in person. We ought to do this again soon.

Top Bottom