• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, it sure is. I figured that would be kind of fitting. Have some dinner, celebrate those that paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country, etc. Though if others have different plans to observe this historical day, that's fine too and we could go with a different day instead if necessary.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    There are a few things we should really work on first. First off, we need to work on a place to meet. If someone has a decent place to meet, maybe a decent amount of property, etc and if they'd be willing to allow us to meet that would be very helpful. Like I said, we could even do things as simple as watch some training vids, go through the motions with airsoft guns, etc if none of us have enough property to actually live fire. What I'm envisioning is it would be nice if we could find a place we could meet regularly, and regularly hold meetings every other week or once a month or something and watch a new training vid every time or do other stuff as well. Basically something we can do a bit more regularly than the occasional range meet every 3-6 months. Lets start brainstorming people and see what we can come up with. There is always the option that, if no one is able to host us at their place, we could possibly find some business with a meeting room that has media capabilities (projector, tv, etc) and rent it out until we can find something else. Anyone have any ideas? It sounds like most of us here are probably in the same boat, meaning not very experienced, though that's not a problem. What I would like to ultimately turn this into is a large enough group that maybe we could host some instructors for some training classes in or near the Austin area eventually.

God your ideas sound badass Sig... I'd probably be down if we could find someplace to do multiple target run throughs.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    SIG, Was it on purpose or did it just happen to end up as...6-6-6..??? OH NO!!!! Not the Devil! Too funnny! MG

Destroyers of the universe UNITE! lol ;) j/k Nope, never realized that. I guess we'll earn more points for having it at that time. lol

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    sounds like a blast. (pun intended as always).
    airsoft can actually be very helpful for training excersises. but if it is goiong to be outdoors, we will need better quality weapons. the 6mm plasitc bbs drift dramatically in the slightest breeze. but they are great for indoor tactical situations especially hostage situations and room takedowns.
    im totally in.
    (tom clancy fan)

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    sounds like a blast. (pun intended as always).
    airsoft can actually be very helpful for training excersises. but if it is goiong to be outdoors, we will need better quality weapons. the 6mm plasitc bbs drift dramatically in the slightest breeze. but they are great for indoor tactical situations especially hostage situations and room takedowns.
    im totally in.
    (tom clancy fan)

At a couple of places you can find those hard almost ceramic 6mm bbs that fly hard and straight and fast as shit. My dad actually shot me in the neck one time with these with his Colt 45 and drew blood... damn his police tactics and accuracy using them against me and my kid brother

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ooo some frangibles and breacher barrells.
    ceramic airsoft? id be scared to use my c02 sig p220

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Other thing I was thinking is breaking out the tactical shotties and throwing some slugs at deadbolts and multiple targets... Just a thought

Slugs are dangerous to breach with as is buckshot. Skeet loads supposedly work alright, though. I know someone who knows how to "DIY" breaching rounds for shotguns, if I can convince him to post on here. I'll probably drag him to the dinner.

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    So did we ever finalize the date and time? Did I miss it. I know we were talking about June 6? is that the date, at Rudy's, what time?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, it's June 6th at 6pm at Rudy's. Here's the details:

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...-get-training-group-together-6.html#post61162

We'll grab some dinner of course, hang out awhile. Everyone can get acquainted, and maybe we can also discuss some details further about getting this thing organized. My ultimate goal was to basically turn this into sort of a regular group thing where we meet regularly maybe once a month or a few times a month and just do stuff related to training. Even if it's simple, inexpensive stuff like airsoft force on force drills or simply watching training vids, I figure it would be nice to regularly do that stuff with a group of people. Of course nothing beats hands on training, but at the least doing some of these simple things we could still get the "book smarts" side of things out of the way, build a little muscle memory going through the motions, etc so that time spent in an actual professional training course will be that much more effective.

rdero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Is the group for anyone to participate? I'm getting ready to move to New Braunfels and this looks pretty interesting. Or is New Braunfels too far away?

Top Bottom