Gun Zone Deals

Austin people, who's interested in an Appleseed event?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • metalbot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    i know it would definitley benefit me to have a "basic" rifle training course. fun way to spend a day shooting guns, and actually getting something useful out of it that you can teach your friends.

Teaching your friends is probably THE most important part of the Appleseed program (and it's why we've given it the name it has).

We have a basic premise:

The United States will be a different country once we have 1 million Americans who have:
    1. Put in the time to relearn and become experts in our lost skill of marksmanship.
    2. Learned the story of the day on which the American revolution started well enough that they can tell it passionately to someone else.
    3. Agreed to teach #1 and #2 to someone else.
    Hurley's Gold

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have at least two friends I am planning on getting to attend at least one of the events with me. Also, I'm going to get my brother to attend one as well, and hopefully get both my father and mother out to one as well too. ;) I mean it's too cheap not to go. ;)

perdurabo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    I live in Northwest Austin and I have my own private range on my own rural property south of Lockhart. I've been a fan of "Fred's" column in SGN for many years and have even thought about making the pilgrimage to Ramseur to shoot at the hallowed RWVA range. I've been wanting to go to one of the Appleseed shoots in Davilla since they started up, but theyve always been on weekends when I wasnt able to go. I'd very much like to see an Appleseed shoot nearer to Austin and I would happily participate if it were on a convenient weekend.

Is there any mailing list I should add myself to to get updates for the Austin specific Appleseed shoot (as opposed to the general national list)? I can't guarantee I can keep checking back here and I'd like to stay informed.

CavalryJim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    I'd very much like to see an Appleseed shoot nearer to Austin and I would happily participate if it were on a convenient weekend.

Is there any mailing list I should add myself to to get updates for the Austin specific Appleseed shoot (as opposed to the general national list)? I can't guarantee I can keep checking back here and I'd like to stay informed.

Me too.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I don't know about any mailing list. We don't have one. Here's several threads at the Appleseed forum that have all the details about any of the Texas events:

2009 Davilla, TX Appleseed and Boot Camp Information
    Texas Event Information - 2009
    2009 El Paso Community College, El Paso, TX Appleseed Information
    2009 Amarillo, TX Appleseed Information
    2009 Midland, TX Appleseed Information
    2009 El Paso, TX Appleseed Information

For Austin people, the Davilla events are the ones you'll want to look at as Davilla is the closest. That is unless you want to drive 8 hrs or so to El Paso. ;) j/k

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm going to the March 14th Davilla Appleseed. Hey Big-D, mind if I still use your 10/22? ;) It looks like I'm only going to be able to go Saturday as I have to work Sunday the 15th.

Big-D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Lockhart
    I'm going to the March 14th Davilla Appleseed. Hey Big-D, mind if I still use your 10/22? ;) It looks like I'm only going to be able to go Saturday as I have to work Sunday the 15th.

Sure you can use it.

Looking forward to seeing you out there next weekend.

Now, who else is coming????

Don't be shy speak up :p

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom