Austin range day

Discussion in 'Austin' started by breakingcontact, Nov 4, 2013.

1. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    Folks, you've heard the legends of Hicksville, we should have our own local little gun gathering at Best of the West or meetup for IDPA.

Who's in?

2. dalto

dalto Active Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    Sounds good to me.

3. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    I'm down. When-how much? I've never been but have always wanted to check it out.

4. breakingcontact

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    BOTW is around $15 for 2 hours i think. Im open to other ideas/ranges too.

Id just like to see some of us locals get together and shoot the guns we tell each other about and for more of us to be able to meet.

We could squad up for an IDPA match or 3 gun at Best of the West or Austin Rifle Club?

We could meet at Best of the West and rent a tactical bay for a couple hours?

What other ideas do you all have?

5. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm definitely in. Thankfully I'll be getting some help at work here in the next couple of weeks, so I should start having more free time on the weekends. I have 10 target stands, uprights, targets (not IDPA or IPSC right now though), etc., a couple folding tables, a folding tent, etc. so that should cover most supplies.

One of the things I've been wanting to get back out and do is setup the IDPA classifier and do some practice runs on it. Good benchmark for people to start comparing their performance numbers to other shooters, since there is so much data out there on it.

*Update*

Date: Canceled due to rain, rescheduling

Range: Best of the West
    Range Fee: $25 per person
    Start: 8:00am
    Finish: 12:00pm

Lunch: Dahlia Cafe

When you get to the range, drive through the cattleguard and down the gravel road to the range office, which is the first building you'll reach. Just make sure to let the guy at the front desk know you're there for Dillo Dynamics, and they'll point you in the right direction of the bay we'll be on.

6. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known

Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    I too would be happy to show up for such an event! Day and time for me can be pretty much wide open.

7. breakingcontact

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    Who else is interested? We going with Sigs idea? Thats probably best at this point. I dont have any real range gear like targets so i appreciate Sigs offer.

If any of you guys arent into pistols, i can bring an extra as i imagine others would too.

Ive been planning on buying some IDPA targets so this may be the perfect excuse.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  8. itchin

itchin TGT Addict

Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I may be in. We should also plan to meet at the county line range in San Marcos when it finally opens.

9. biglucky

biglucky Well-Known TGT Supporter

Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    You lost me at IDPA...

10. breakingcontact

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    Not a fan of IDPA or not familiar with it?