• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If it's the one I'm thinking of, their rules are going to be extremely restrictive I believe. I think that was the one who's rules stated that you cannot fire faster than 1 round every TWO SECONDS. LOL Might as well go to Lone Star in that case, and at least have BBQ nearby.

Also, some other ideas. pistol-training.com » Drills has a bunch of good drills and free targets for regular 8.5x11 paper. I also have a target PDF for printing B-8 bulls on regular paper. Lots of options.
    You can shoot fast at LSGR. Just not on the 100 yard range.
    Military Camp

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You can shoot fast at LSGR. Just not on the 100 yard range.

Oh I know. Just saying, that other place is already shooting themselves in the proverbial foot by starting off with some ridiculous rules, especially when LSGR is just right up the road. ;)

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    The 2 second rule is for rifles only. linkey: Range Rules
    Right up the road is another 30 minutes + for me. I'm pretty fired up about it.

I don't know Dean (the guy opening the range) from Adam. I just know he's been through a lot to get it open. If you've got an issue, I'd go to his facebook sight and get it sorted out. He seems pretty reasonable to me.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The 2 second rule is for rifles only. linkey: Range Rules
    Right up the road is another 30 minutes + for me. I'm pretty fired up about it.

I don't know Dean (the guy opening the range) from Adam. I just know he's been through a lot to get it open. If you've got an issue, I'd go to his facebook sight and get it sorted out. He seems pretty reasonable to me.
    I don't use Facebook. His website is lacking some details. He seems like a decent enough guy. I completely understand why a range would have rules to prohibit rapid fire though.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Never done IDPA, and don't really know much about what it really means, but I have a few pistols I have been wanting to try out. I was planning on going to Best in the West this weekend anyway. I was going to sight in my PU snipers and try out my Enfield .410 shotgun.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I'm in.

BTW, I think it would be a great idea to use the Austin range days to introduce newbies (like me) to the competitive shooting sports like IDPA, USPSA etc. It's a more informal and less intimidating primer to get people into the sport...

Last edited:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm in.

BTW, I think it would be a great idea to use the Austin range days to introduce newbies (like me) to the competitive shooting sports like IDPA, USPSA etc. It's a more informal and less intimidating primer to get people into the sport...

Absolutely! I think it would also be a great thing for teaching newbies things like proper drawstroke from a holster, and some of the other fundamentals.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I'm down for w/e. I have been going to the ARC IDPA matches and will start doing the 3 gun matches hopefully this month. I hate (relatively speaking lol) going to ranges solo, especially if I want to get on the 500+ at botw. Would love to have a spotter and spot for someone if needed.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm down for w/e. I have been going to the ARC IDPA matches and will start doing the 3 gun matches hopefully this month. I hate (relatively speaking lol) going to ranges solo, especially if I want to get on the 500+ at botw. Would love to have a spotter and spot for someone if needed.

Perhaps on a separate range get together or after our pistol fun we could hit the rifle range. Ive never shot past 500 so that would be a fun challenge.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I'm off this Saturday but need to look at a friends car before sundown. Since Deer season has started I will have limited availability Sundays unless I bag one soon. I'm a fan of BOTW, a tacbay would be ideal for our group.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Perhaps on a separate range get together or after our pistol fun we could hit the rifle range. Ive never shot past 500 so that would be a fun challenge.

Well I meant up to 500, thats as far as I've tried and did pretty well with a decent breeze. Not sure I could get my AR past that unless the wind is REALLY good. She shoots a bit above moa at best with 55gr bulk but I bet I can get close to (if not better than) half an MOA with the right load once I start reloading 223 and maybe grabbing a higher power scope than 1-4x. Been eyeing that 1-6x from PA or maybe just grabbing the 4-16x.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well folks, let's get this thing cracking.

Who's in for one of these days and what works best? This will be one of those deals where one date most likely won't work for everyone. SigFiend has offered to provide a lot of what we would need in terms of setting up the range so we will need to do what works for him. I'm generally available on the weekend and will probably be able to make most of these dates but will yield to y'all if I can't.

BOTW calendar (we may be OK if there is an event but may have to move times, I can call and see once we figure a date)

Nov 16/17

Nov 23/24

Nov 30/Dec 1

Dec 7/8

Dec 14/15

Dec 21/22

3...2..1...GO!

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Have you guys nailed down any special forum pricing for an all-day event or just by the hour? I'd be interested as long as it's not Thanksgiving (Colorado).

Top Bottom