• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I'm a likely since this is a Saturday that I'm off.
    Recommendation - split the time into a couple categories and mix them up.
    Example (based on 4 hours if we have that long):
    30 mins freestyle handgun at 7 to 20 yards (fixed firing line, move targets to make distance).
    30 mins handgun drills at 7-20 yards.
    20 mins freestyle short range rifle (25 yds).
    15 min short range rifle drills.
    30 mins freestyle long(er) range rifle (dist depends on bay - hopefully we can get 75 yd bay).
    Repeat.

This way we get everything in and if somebody is only planning to do pistol (or.rifle), they can get there at right time.

Just a thought. But Mr. organizer- do as you see fit.
    Target Sports

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Another thought....plan out somebody to bring a bunch of tacos for breakfast and the rest of us bring.cash.

And folks / dont forget your water.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I like the idea of having a handgun course of fire that each shooter goes through one at a time.

Perhaps we can have a portion of our time dedicated to a fixed firing line after the course of fire "event".

We could break off afterwards for some rifle shooting. (Also for all you little leaguers out there who havent been to BotW its 556 and lower in the tac bays).

The time out there will go quickly and i think we will be limited to 2 hours.

I prefer to be called instigator over organizer.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Cool. I have a hammer, spikes for the stands, spray glue, stapler, stands, uprights, B27 targets as well as a bunch of random 8.5x11 targets (B-8's, Pistol-Training.com targets, etc.), and also a bunch of B27 sized Pistol-training.com targets. I have 2 fold up tables as well, so we can use those for some admin stuff or loading mags, etc.

Just fyi for anyone not familiar with BOTW, they charge extra if you are also going to go shoot on the dedicated rifle section of the range (the long range section). I think it's $25 total for the regular bay + long range.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ill grab a couple boxes of clays this weekend.

Ill bring:

-clays
    -case of bottled water
    -staple gun (high capacity magazine but no sights)
    -duct(k) and masking tapes
    -8" paper plates (if i cant get any IDPA targets by the shoot)
    -other accoutrement

*I might shoot my 22 pistol but if we have any gun shy new shooters they can use it too.

**AR for after our pistol course? May just bring it to show those interested in the Osprey piston.

DU671

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    22nd and 23rd are GT Days so I won't be able to make it, (the story of my life) but if it works out and there is a plan to do it again I would have to vote for a Sunday. Maybe I'll make lunch one of these days Mic.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    -staple gun (high capacity magazine but no sights)

Oh crap, guess you'll have to point shoot! ;)

@Pilgrim, that would be great if you could bring some IPSC targets!

So with everyone that is coming, and those of you bringing friends, can you give us an idea what, specifically, you would like to learn more about and get some practice with? Give us some specific ideas, like working on drawstroke, learning to shoot faster, speed reloads, etc. so we can figure out an exact plan. Considering the potentially wide range of skill levels, we wouldn't want to have a drill setup that might be too difficult for someone just starting out.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Oh crap, guess you'll have to point shoot! ;)

@Pilgrim, that would be great if you could bring some IPSC targets!

So with everyone that is coming, and those of you bringing friends, can you give us an idea what, specifically, you would like to learn more about and get some practice with? Give us some specific ideas, like working on drawstroke, learning to shoot faster, speed reloads, etc. so we can figure out an exact plan. Considering the potentially wide range of skill levels, we wouldn't want to have a drill setup that might be too difficult for someone just starting out.

I'd be up for practicing speed shooting and malfunction drills for both pistol and carbines. However in all honesty I'm good with whatever the group wants to do... at any skill level.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I use snap caps mixed randomly into the magazine. I have a handful for 9mm but none for 5.56

Cool. Ill bring my snap caps for 556. Im not sure how much carbine time we will have but would be nice to fit in if possible.

Mixing in snap caps in your mag is good training. Also tells a guy just what you are doing to that poor trigger.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I think we should definitely at least work drawstroke and rapid fire, as those are always 2 things that all of us can always use more work on. If anyone coming doesn't have a holster, let us know. Preferrably it should be a safe holster, and one that hopefully does not require two hands when reholstering, as we wouldn't want to run into muzzle sweeping issues with your own hands. I have a few extra Glock holsters, a Sig P226/P220 holster, and I think that's about it for me.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    So should I be contacting the owner to try and get us on the schedule for Nov 23rd? We're only a week away, so we need to set it up asap.

Top Bottom