• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Still I expect a crowd, only because we will not have another in the immediate Austin area until April at the earliest and that one shows as "tentative".

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am expecting to see a higher than normal amount of magazines, stripped lowers and ARs for sale. ;)
    Don't forget ammo and maybe reloading supplies. Not that more will necessarily hit the new market right away, just less will be gobbled up due to fear.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'll be there today, carrying a few things to maybe trade. I've already bought a rifle, a shotgun and a musket this week, gotta keep the good times rolling! haha.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I got there when the doors opened and walked around for about an hour. Good show, but I think the last one had better stuff. Still worth the 10 bucks to get in.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I got there when the doors opened and walked around for about an hour. Good show, but I think the last one had better stuff. Still worth the 10 bucks to get in.

Did you by chance see if Schramm still had that HK SP5K for $500 below MSRP? I'm totally picking that up tomorrow if it's at this show.

It'll be my 'Trump totally grabbed that election by the pussy' celebration gun.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Did you by chance see if Schramm still had that HK SP5K for $500 below MSRP? I'm totally picking that up tomorrow if it's at this show.

It'll be my 'Trump totally grabbed that election by the pussy' celebration gun.

Lmao. I didn't notice one there, but wasn't looking hard either. Saw a couple Kriss Vectors, for good prices though.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    We went this morning, got there around 0920 (had to stop at McDonald's for breakfast and more importantly, coffee!). Talked with great folks from Premier for a bit, and walked around for about an hour-and-a-half. Bought a patch but didn't see anything else I couldn't live without (I'm on a budget with a kid in college at the moment).

Did handle and price some Heritage Rough Rider revolvers for a bit, plus some Ruger Security Sixes. I understand that the latter is nicer, but for a range plinker I believe I can make do with the Heritage.

Overall it is a nice show, and parking is about the only "issue" which Premier realizes but as so many folks like this venue they are sticking with it despite the parking problem. If it seemed like the number of vendors was a bit off, it's likely due to the huge Tulsa show also going on this weekend. But we had a good time. I don't think we're going to drive the 200+ mile round trip to go to this show again anytime in the near future, but having missed the last Premier show in San Antonio last month due to being out of the county, and with the election being over I figure it was worth the drive this time.

Cheers! M2

p.s. Traffic and drivers in Austin suck! :(

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Found a couple things worth picking up. Got a H&K MK23 mag for $25 (reg price $80), a USP9 mag for $25 (reg $40), and a SP5K pistol.

I was trying to save money these last few months too, but wutever. This is my big FU to Clinton celebration. I saw that H&K at substantially less than retail price and grabbed it by the pussy.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom