• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 512Ram

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Central Texas
    Been to Saxet twice. Found some accessories for good prices, met my CHL instructor there, ammo and guns were a little overpriced but found some good deals when offered to pay cash.

On the other hand, i just got back from the texas gun show (old target off of william cannon here in austin) and wow was it horrible. Not many booths, mostly personal collections of old guns, ammo wasn't too overpriced but i wouldn't recommend it.
    ARJ Defense ad

512Ram

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Central Texas
    mainly historical WWII rifles and rugers.
    The rifles were around $1000!

I just bought a 1942 Enfield MK4 for $50 from a garage sale!

Granted the bolt was rusted shut! but a rubber mallet and some WD40 got it out. I pulled out the dremel and cleaned it up found out all the serial numbers match (barrel, bolt and magazine!)

Have yet to fire it, kinda scared to but the rifling still looks good.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Lakeway, Tx
    Every time I go to the fun show here in Austin, I show up very excited and usually after about 3-4 hours of checking everything out I get disappointed. It's all the same old crap every show. Everything is overpriced and it's all the same. Then just maybe every once in a blue moon I find a great deal and score a gun I have been wanting. It seems to keep me coming back every month.

ebk06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Austin
    Went yesterday and it seems resellers dont realize its getting pretty easy to find ammo again and are still trying to get crazy amounts for anything. What really gets me is no one carrys much for lefties that shoot AR's. I did find a decent ambi safety switch for a good price though. Most AR stuff does seem to be dropping in price too.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Went yesterday and it seems resellers dont realize its getting pretty easy to find ammo again and are still trying to get crazy amounts for anything. What really gets me is no one carrys much for lefties that shoot AR's. I did find a decent ambi safety switch for a good price though. Most AR stuff does seem to be dropping in price too.

Same here. I walked out empty-handed.
    I saw prices on some accessories and ammo, then went to Cabelas and Academy later on in the day and found better deals at the stores.:confused:

pwrincross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Pflugerville,TX
    The Gun show has gotten down to the fact that I just go to visit and see people. I have bought a magazine for my dad's WWII mossberg a few months back (no other place had it, not even online) and I buy a gun bag or two every once in a while. Generally go to get my testosterone fix and handle a few new pistols. Prices are better at the stores or online for the guns.

Top Bottom