ARJ Defense ad

Austin Saxet, is it as good as SA saxet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djren12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2011
    Universal City
    Heading to Austin this weekend to do some shopping with the wife and wondering if the show there is as big and as good as the one held here at the Expo center at the freeman? Mainly looking to buy an XDM 9c and some ammo and maybe a range bag.
    Gun Zone Deals

ghostscout

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Cedar Park/ North Austin
    Simple answer. NO. Although there was some good deals to be had on handguns from the dealers, other than that, there wasnt much to look at and most prices were higher than local gun shops. Good luck on your search.

djren12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2011
    Universal City
    Wow, may just wait for next one here in SA. I just went to McBrides and a 9mm XDm compact was $649 have seen it at shows for $529, so if vendors have it for more I may just stick to the Factory outlets, and The Domain with the wife and wait for an SA Saxet show next month.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Wow, may just wait for next one here in SA. I just went to McBrides and a 9mm XDm compact was $649 have seen it at shows for $529, so if vendors have it for more I may just stick to the Factory outlets, and The Domain with the wife and wait for an SA Saxet show next month.
    You'll be very close to GT Dist. while at the Domain. Might pop in and take a look. Open 9-2 on Sat., I believe.

Portals

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    round rock
    Yep.
    8:30 - 6 on Mon - Fri.
    Might check on "Glocktoberfest". Oct 21/22. 15% off on accessories. does NOT include guns, but will have specials.
    See gtdist.com

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    You'll be very close to GT Dist. while at the Domain. Might pop in and take a look. Open 9-2 on Sat., I believe.

I tried to go there on a Saturday three weeks ago and they were not open anymore on Saturdays. At least not that saturday, maybe something was going on.

Very unfortunate. GT was one of the few gun stores I actually enjoyed going to but I can't make it there by 6 pm on a weekday. I try to support the "little guys" but stuff like this makes it very hard.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Last one I went to was the first they held after closing shop in Austin proper.

That was a good show, and the entire expo-center was packed with vendors.

If I recall, the TGT boys had a table set up on the upper level concourse.

Thought the prices to be reasonable so soon "After Obama."

AR's and magazines sold for less than the SAXET show in San Antonio immediately prior.

Did not stay long, as the lighting was so poor it gave me vertigo.

Give it a try, it is cheaper than a movie.

Be well.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We were at that show, and pretty much remember it the same way except you forgot to mention the fatass militia types in Army ACU uniforms waddling around trying to recruit people. I could barely stop myself from laughing in their face.

And yes, the TGT crew was there thanks to a very nice vendor that gave them some of his table space.

The lighting was horrible on the upper deck, one vendor actually resorted to giving customers flashlights to use to see his wares.

It wasn't a bad show but it didn't compare to the SAXET show here in SA. We haven't gone back since that first show, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some of the TGS shows we've been to up in that area.

Cheers! M2

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I was there Saturday, seemed less gun related and more non-gun (jewelry, etc.) than before. Hope it does not get like the "other one".

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    We were at that show, and pretty much remember it the same way except you forgot to mention the fatass militia types in Army ACU uniforms waddling around trying to recruit people. I could barely stop myself from laughing in their face.

And yes, the TGT crew was there thanks to a very nice vendor that gave them some of his table space.

The lighting was horrible on the upper deck, one vendor actually resorted to giving customers flashlights to use to see his wares.

It wasn't a bad show but it didn't compare to the SAXET show here in SA. We haven't gone back since that first show, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some of the TGS shows we've been to up in that area.

Cheers! M2

Sorry, I never saw those fat-ass militia types, probably because they were at the snack bar munching on rancid cheese Nachos.

But other than the lighting, it was a decent show for the People's Republic of Austin.

Be well.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom