Austin shoot

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
I'm ALWAYS down for it! ;) Personally, I vote for Lone Star in Lockhart. They are much more lenient on things, will let you rapid fire, etc plus it's outdoors and they have a BBQ pit. I don't know of any other range near to Austin that will let you be quite as free with the rapid fire, drawing from the holster, etc. I know for a fact Eagle Peak won't, and neither of the Red's locations do.

dane421

Sep 8, 2008
DFW
I was thinking more along the lines of eagle peak, you can shoot class III stuff nice facility and it is a short drive for most people. A hour drive just to shoot with gas at 3.69 is a little far. Astro or that other range out there don't know the name allow FMJ so that might be better. Reds is also smack in the middle of everybody.

Vellcrow

Aug 8, 2008
Pflugerville
A group shoot is not exactly easy at an indoor range, so I think Red's would be out.

The only outdoor range that will get my money is Lone Star.

dane421

Sep 8, 2008
DFW
lone star in lockhart, what kind of range is it. good bad and the ugly. If we decide to go there I guess I can make a day of it.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
I vote Lone Star, I had been working on a meet on the 28th, but never got it off the ground.

I'll talk to Matt about what day is open for the festivities and we can go from there.

Top Bottom