• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm ALWAYS down for it! ;) Personally, I vote for Lone Star in Lockhart. They are much more lenient on things, will let you rapid fire, etc plus it's outdoors and they have a BBQ pit. I don't know of any other range near to Austin that will let you be quite as free with the rapid fire, drawing from the holster, etc. I know for a fact Eagle Peak won't, and neither of the Red's locations do.

dane421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    DFW
    I was thinking more along the lines of eagle peak, you can shoot class III stuff nice facility and it is a short drive for most people. A hour drive just to shoot with gas at 3.69 is a little far. Astro or that other range out there don't know the name allow FMJ so that might be better. Reds is also smack in the middle of everybody.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    A group shoot is not exactly easy at an indoor range, so I think Red's would be out.

The only outdoor range that will get my money is Lone Star.

dane421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    DFW
    lone star in lockhart, what kind of range is it. good bad and the ugly. If we decide to go there I guess I can make a day of it.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I vote Lone Star, I had been working on a meet on the 28th, but never got it off the ground.

I'll talk to Matt about what day is open for the festivities and we can go from there.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    lone star in lockhart, what kind of range is it. good bad and the ugly. If we decide to go there I guess I can make a day of it.

It is an open and rather relaxed range. Only been there twice, but you will not find a better range to practice/train at. Plenty of open space to have a gathering. Rifle range out to 100 yards, two pistol ranges out to 25 yards. Covered firing positions. You can draw from a holster and rapid fire all you want...as long as you are safe about it and don't lose your head.

dane421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    DFW
    OK Lonestar is the place, how bout a date. Friday is always good for me, if we decide on a weekend date I am tied up for the rest of September, How about the second weekend in October Sat or Sun?

Top Bottom