• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    looks like im gonna try to get outa houston and take the wife up to austin to visit my brother.

while im there i plan to hit up red's range and get a bite to eat at oasis. im trying to think of one more thing to do, any suggestions?
    Hurley's Gold

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Cool, let me know when you'll be in town, we could hook up for Red's if you'd like. I might possibly have to work this Saturday though.

Indiana Jones 4 comes out on the 22nd. You could always check that out at the good old Alamo Drafthouse or something. ;) That's all I can think of.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    We'll be down there too. But when we aren't on the lake, we'll be back at our friends house with about 30 others. :D On the lake, look for a pack of Nordic's ranging from a 27 Cat to a 35 Flame and a few others depending on how many boats we decide to take. With gas as high as it is, I'll volunteer mine to stay at the shop. :D

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    any moms and pops italian spots? we're gonna hit a place called hula hut instead of oasis since they wouldnt take a reservation because they "plan on being packed"... wouldnt mind one more spot.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    we'll be up saturday morning and should be at Red's sometime in the afternoon. what time is a good time to avoid the crowd so i have a chance to speak with the owners??

then we're gonna eat at hula hut?? place any good? they said hawaiian tex-mex

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Cool! I may also be going to Austin. My daughter's heading down to UT for high school orchestra and choir and I may tag along. If those kids get too rowdy, I'll head to the range to blow off some steam. It's all tentative at this point.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hula Hut is pretty decent. It's been a long time since I've been there though.

Honestly, IMO The Oasis is pretty overrated. I wasn't very impressed with their food when I went there before, though that was something like 5-7 years ago so they may have improved since then.

As far as Red's, I never see the owners in there too often actually, so I'm really not sure what time they would be around. The group of guys that work there on the weekends though are real nice and cool to hang around with and just talk. Looks like I'm going to have to work this Saturday so, have fun! :)

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    we're going to hula hut in the evening and then mozarts or something like that. its gonna be a simple day. i found out recently that im broke. lol.

but still on for red's. depending onm what time we leave houston saturday, im gonna aim to leave at 7 so we can be at my brothers before 10am, grab a munch and hit up red's around 12-1pmish.

Top Bottom