Join TexasGunTalk

AustinAarea Gun Shows?

Discussion in 'Austin' started by bowzette, Mar 21, 2017.

1. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    ^This. SOMEBODY has to be the liberal headquarters for the state of Texas. Austin drew the short straw.

Davetex likes this.
  2. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    It wasn't by chance, but by choice.

Premier also started with a show within Austin, but quickly moved away just like SAXET. The local government has done everything within (and sometimes outside) their power to discourage gun shows in Austin. Unfortunately, the pro-2A folks in that town are badly outnumbered by the cowering liberal sheep.

Essentially, any town that supports a 'Cocks Not Glocks' campaign isn't going to be supportive of 2A rights! Check out these Austinite snowflakes... :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course, the result was a town full of dicks!

3. ContactLeft

ContactLeft Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I try to go to the Round Rock Premiere show when it comes around. Parking is tough but there is a decent amount of stuff to see.

4. bowzette

bowzette New Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Huntsville, Tx
    I think Carl Rowe refers to Austin as "Moscow on the Colorado" :-)

5. grumper

grumper Well-Known

Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    More like Austin drew the short bus. This city's leadership is wacked out on crack cocaine. Bad decision making all around.

Can a city with less than half the population of Houston end up with even worse traffic? Apparently yes.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    BubbaJon and Davetex like this.
  6. Keyston512

Keyston512 Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Austin
    parking is atrocious. The last two times I've just parked at the Holiday Inn that's right next to it and walked over.

7. crzy_one

crzy_one Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Austin
    What about the show in Taylor put on by "The Real Texas Gun Show"?

I would assume it is small but who knows.

8. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Small is the key and the prices are ridiculous!!!

599 for a ruger security six 750 for a beat up mini 14 etc. 499 for a polish pps43 649 for a sig p320 compact 40sw. These are some of the examples. From the show.

I walked out. I can go to guns warehouse and get fair pricing. I bought a p320rx full size for $700 and a sig p320 45 for $499 from them.

9. Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock Well-Known

Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Premier show this weekend at the Round Rock Sports Center, behind the Jack Allen's at I-35 and Old Settler's Blvd. Premier has always put on a good show but they seem to have kicked it up a notch since they moved to this venue.

Parking is a little tight, so be warned. In the past I've had to jump the curb on the road behind the center and park in the grass. There are a number of other businesses in the area but I don't know how particular they are about people parking in their lots and walking over.

cfish1963 and majormadmax like this.
  10. Ranger60

Ranger60 Active Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    How was the premier show this past weekend? More guns than junk? I could not go due to surgery.