AustinAarea Gun Shows?

Discussion in 'Austin' started by bowzette, Mar 21, 2017.

1. grumper

grumper Well-Known

Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    There was a pretty decent number of vendors. Took a few hours to see it all. I scored a few bargain USP 9mm magazines. Other than that didn't really see much that interested me, tons of Glocks & 1911s & ARs. But prices were still on the high side.

One guy did have an Accuracy International AT rifle but wanted more than a brand new one cost off the intert00bs. Seems I never find anything to buy these days except HK mags and cheese.

majormadmax likes this.
  2. ShootTheBreeze

ShootTheBreeze Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Round Rock, TX
    I went and browsed through the stuff. I think it was pretty good mix between "junk", guns and knifes. I didn't find anything I was looking for. A lot of mainstream stuff, I had my eyes our for a Ruger Mini 14 and a Chiappa Rhino - I didn't see any of them. I saw a Ruger 556 with red dot and bipod for around 650.

Anyway, I will go back next time. It's always good to beat some time:-)

STB

majormadmax likes this.
  3. atxgunguy

atxgunguy New Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Austin
    Went to the Real Texas Gun Show happening in Taylor this afternoon. Waste of time. A handful of vendors selling Hi-Points, SCCYs, and Taurus products. Otherwise a bunch of crappy crafts, overpriced knives, old timers "selling" their safe queens at don't wanna sell 'em prices.

My advice is to just wait for the Premier Show in Round Rock this Fall.

ShootTheBreeze likes this.
  4. Ranger60

Ranger60 Active Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I do tend to agree with atxgunguy. I live in Taylor, so, went to the show for "entertainment". The Premier show is worth it.

5. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Gun shows "in" Austin always make me think of the term "oxymoronic"! :banana:

6. atxgunguy

atxgunguy New Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Austin
    This was in Taylor, which is decidedly not Austin. The promoter does a good job in promoting, I even saw a television ad a couple of times before the show. It seems like all he can do is promote and not deliver.

7. ATXCardinal09

ATXCardinal09 New Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Austin, TX
    As others have mentioned, the Round Rock Sporting Center hosts a good show. Great mix of private collectors and retailers.

Cedar Park has an OK show, but it was mostly new firearms / retailers. Got my Sig MK25 from that show, though!

8. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The Cedar Park show is gone and if memory serves is now the show in Round Rock.

I enjoy that show.

9. Ranger60

Ranger60 Active Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    That is correct, Cedar Park moved to Round Rock. No more Cedar Park.

10. ATXCardinal09

ATXCardinal09 New Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Ah that makes sense, no wonder I don't see anymore ads for cedar park. Didn't realize it was the same show, for some reason I prefer round rock's.

Thanks for the info!