• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCS2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Houston
    Need help with above enfield type rifle. Saw it at Gander Mountain and looks solid. It is a 7.62x39 bolt rifle, detachable magazine (AK Magazines) carbine. The furniture is teak and quite nice.

I have not been able to find much information on the internet.

Any help is appreciated.
    Lynx Defense

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Got this from [url]http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/2700/2750.htm[/URL]. Folks on some of the other forums around the internet seem to think they are good. Never really seen one though so no real personnel feedback.

malladus

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Helv]Australian International Arms M10-A2
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Helv]Lee-Enfield enthusiasts and bolt action shooters will certainly appreciate the new M10 series offering from Australian International Arms. The M10 series is a brand new production rifle with not a single surplus part or component used! Attention to design detail such as strengthened receiver with extra metal behind locking lug, enlarged and strengthened bolt head guide track in receiver, and fully floating barrel are just a few of the examples of design improvements made to the infamous action. Prepare yourself to be impressed by this exciting new product line.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Helv]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Helv]Turnbolt, bolt-action, detachable magazine feed rifle with 60 degree bolt rotation. Rear locking bolt with detachable bolt head. Safety catch locking both firing pin and bolt. Military style two-stage trigger. CNC milled receiver of military-ordnance steel. Hard chrome lined chamber and barrel. Stock of premium teak with steel buttplate and sling swivels. This model comes equipped with extra magazine (AK47), picatinny rail, leather sling, front sight adjustment tool and waxed canvas carry bag. Comes in 7.62 x 39 caliber, with 16.1" barrel with an average weight of 8.3 lbs. [/FONT]

peyton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Which gander mountain did you see it at? I search the web page and it does not show up.

RCS2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Houston
    I went ahead and bought it at the Gander Mountain in Sugar Land, TX.

Took it to the range already and it shoots great, shighted and shot it at 50 yds. Next week I will go back and shoot at 100 yds.

It was the only one they had, the other Gander Mountain by Cypress did not have it.

It is not in their website. I looked in the Blue Book and they say there the M10-A2 was imported on a limited basis, supposedly in the early 2000's and only about 200-300 of them. The one I bought was received at the Gander Mountain this past April.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi

Glad you liked the M10A2. I'm from Australia and own several examples of the AIA M10 series. I can't say enough about them, they are really great rifles. Unfortunately their rarity in the US is mostly due to post 9-11 DoD regs making it harder to get rifles into the US (I'd think its ironic since there's plenty of rifles in the US already, but it might be due to the fact they are in military calibres), as well as several importers never actually paying for the rifles they imported - it is likely AIA was never paid for the rifle you purchased... but, their issue is with the importer, not you dont worry!

The M10A2 is the shortest and lightest carbine version of the M10 series rifle, in 7.62x39. The M10B2 Match is the largest, in 7.62x51mm NATO (its not chambered for 308Win but will fire it ok, and is made to withstand commercial ammo). They also make a 'clone' if you can call it that, of the SMLE, called the No4 Mk4, also chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO. The B series (7.62mm NATO) rifles take magazines that are very similar to M14, and with some very minor mods M14 mags can be fitted. My B2 has a 20 shot M14 mag I modified to fit. The mag is still usable in an M14, but unfortunately we are not allowed even semi auto rifles here.

There are a lot of knockers of this rifle in the North American market - but most of those have never seen one for real, let alone shot with it. I am glad you're experience was good - and its no surprise to me!

If you're looking for their website its at http://www.australianinternationalarms.com.au

Here's my M10B2

m10b2..jpg

RCS2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Houston
    Thanks for the response, it has certainly been a great rifle. As a matter of fact everytime I take it to the range people as me about it.

Well built and a great shooter, but you already know that. Thanks for the website, I already had it, my problem is that the rifle came without an owners manual an I would like to be able to get one. I have sent literally about 5 emails to AIA since last year and they have not even had the decency to respond. If you would have any suggestions I would apppreciate it.

Have a great day.

PS Your M10B2 looks great with the tripod.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi Mate,

The owners manual was one of many things the importer to the USA didnt get right. There IS an owners manual, and I am soon to be getting hold of a soft copy to put up on the internet. I've spoken at length with AIA and they literally are up to their eyeballs in orders and struggle to meet demand with their small production facility. I'm told this is changing for the better, but I dont have any specifics. This is one of the reasons its difficult to get responses to emails - they're too busy making rifles. BUT, they acknowledge thats no excuse, and have asked me to extend their apologies to anyone I come across that has had communications difficulties.

Anyway, I will make a note to PM you with the URL for the manual when its ready.

If you're interested, and on facebook, there's a group for AIA owners as well - just search for 'Australian International Arms' and you should find it.

Leigh

RCS2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Houston
    Hi Mate,

The owners manual was one of many things the importer to the USA didnt get right. There IS an owners manual, and I am soon to be getting hold of a soft copy to put up on the internet. I've spoken at length with AIA and they literally are up to their eyeballs in orders and struggle to meet demand with their small production facility. I'm told this is changing for the better, but I dont have any specifics. This is one of the reasons its difficult to get responses to emails - they're too busy making rifles. BUT, they acknowledge thats no excuse, and have asked me to extend their apologies to anyone I come across that has had communications difficulties.

Anyway, I will make a note to PM you with the URL for the manual when its ready.

If you're interested, and on facebook, there's a group for AIA owners as well - just search for 'Australian International Arms' and you should find it.

Leigh

Thanks a a lot for your response and I am looking forward to the manual once you post it.
    Tell them apologies accepted and that they make quite a nice weapon. ALso, I will look for the facebook site on AIA.

Again, thanks for all your help.

Raymond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    No worries mate. In the meantime here's a pic of my M10B1-HB (Heavy Barrel). Has a 22" version of the B2's 25.2" barrel, smaller, lighter woodwork. Has the latest AIA 2008 & 2010 accuracy enhancements.

Seen here in clean configuration for an ironsights category of a service rifle shoot.

M10B1HB..jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom