• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fisherman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    I was curious if anyone on here had any first hand experience with the newer Auto Ordnance made M1 Carbines. Are they holding up well, reliable, etc....

Thanks for the information.
    Military Camp

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I bought one two months ago and have put about 500 rounds through it. Love it! I put a picatinny rail on it and mounted a red dot type optic and flash light. I found it so reliable that is is now my night time home defense gun. I will take a picture of mine this weekend and post it. I have found it a good quality M1 Carbine. My son owns one made by Iver Johnson and my Auto Ordnance is actually of better quality over all. Here is a set up similar to what I have.

O.S.O.K.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    I've heard good thinks about them.

I was in the market for a nice m1 carbine a while back and found that the original WWII carbines are priced about the same as the new Kahr products. I read up further and found that quality is good on the older ones - you just need to check em out before buying - bore condition and such.

I elected to buy this saginaw production carbine:

HPIM1692.JPG

Shoots great and super reliable. 1943 production.

I chose this experienced model for its historical value and also because I know it will continue to increase in value.

Just depends on what you're looking for. The Kahrs are new production and will have pristine bores, so you can expect them to last longer - for more rounds downrange... for sure. If you're wanting to add optics, then too, perhaps the Kahr is a better choice - though I don't think the stantag handguard requires any modification to the rifle, so you could take it back to original with no lasting effects...

Top Bottom