• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I hear all the time about a Labor Shortages service jobs mainly it seems. The I see layoff happening at Big Corps . Mine did it too in Dec.
    Is the Labor shortage problem - a I wont that Job for that Pay problem ? Being companies not wanting to Pay for Labor or the job seekers setting unreal expectations of Pay (wanting 60 K a year for what should be a $12.00/hr unskilled Job)

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I hear all the time about a Labor Shortages service jobs mainly it seems. The I see layoff happening at Big Corps . Mine did it too in Dec.
    Is the Labor shortage problem - a I wont that Job for that Pay problem ? Being companies not wanting to Pay for Labor or the job seekers setting unreal expectations of Pay (wanting 60 K a year for what should be a $12.00/hr unskilled Job)
    Technicians in various segments are hard to find - electrical generation, transmission, solar techs, wind techs, battery techs, machinists, NC programmers, etc.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    COULD ALSO BR DRIVEN BY THE 15.00 AN HOUR MENTALITY FOR MINIMUM WAGE JOBS!SERIOUSLY HOW MUCH SKILL IS INVOLVEDIN FRYING FRENCH FRIES?

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    1680882904635.png

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    When you pay people to not work, they won’t work. Slowly but surely, the “free” money is running out. There was never a shortage of jobs, there was an increase in people living off the government
    E715E755-9E1D-48C7-AAF4-C0CCAD321BB1.jpeg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Saw this the other day. He goes over the survey in the original post, and also points out some interesting things about payroll data.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    DFW
    As a recent experience, oh yes. I'd say a very large portion of the jobs you see posted are 100% filler for any number of reasons. Also flat out scams. Its rough out there, but a little work and the balls to not settle for scummy offers. You can find a good fit.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    This is worth the two and half minutes (at 1.5x speed). Main take away is Bureau of Labor Statistics's survey response rate dropped massively from 70% to 31%; likely indicating they are only sampling companies that have the bandwidth to respond because they are doing well.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    This is worth the two and half minutes (at 1.5x speed). Main take away is Bureau of Labor Statistics's survey response rate dropped massively from 70% to 31%; likely indicating they are only sampling companies that have the bandwidth to respond because they are doing well.

It looks like they don't even feel the need to fake it any longer...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It looks like they don't even feel the need to fake it any longer...
    Are you trying to tell me the Biden admin would lie to try and make the economy look better than it really is?? Say it ain't so, Joe.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    six-figures between the low and high ends for certain positions
    Yup, companies post openings hoping to snag a good cheap employee. Always done it, won't quit. Guess I'm still on the market, get email headhunter stuff all the time.
    Yup, lies about jobs and economy in general. WM lot is full, Macy's and Khols are empty. Dick's just took a 30% stock dump too. Needing a bathroom remod, except for some big box stores, materials hard to find and Co that were there aren't anymore.
    People gotta learn, Companys and countries fail from spending too much (debt). Hang on tight! Look at the market, money groups own the companys.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    A pile of steaming shit, or Orwellian?

Seasonally adjusted data are computed using seasonal factors, bla bla bla bla These factors are updated each February, and the new factors are used to revise the previous five years of bla bla bla bla...data

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    The jobs reports are a joke. Full time jobs are decreasing and people are replacing them with two part time jobs. That’s where the overall “added” jobs are coming from.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom