• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Went to the little gun store in South Austin and came across a Series 70 Colt 1911 in 9mm in factory blue. I wanted it so bad, and I even put it on a 3-day hold in case I wanted to do something rash.

I'd be an idiot to buy it right now... but I have the itch.
    ARJ Defense ad

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i love my sti ranger II. im actually getting it bobtailed pretty soon. STI is the way to go, and the 9mm trojan you can probably find easily so its not something you'd have to order and wait 14 weeks for. lozl.

shiloh's STIs should be in the first week of august, im excited.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Just buy it. You'll think of a good reason on the way home. The only regrets (re: guns) I've ever had was the ones I talked myself out of buying.:(

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Hey I'am not knocking RAMAN soup as I have about a dozen kinds
    in my pantry right now and I know a few collage guys that survived
    on it. If you want something fast and easy thats the way to go
    and they are great for the Bug out bags also.

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    I'd be an idiot to buy it right now... but I have the itch.

If you're like the rest of us, it won't be the first time we acted like idiots when it came to guns. Get it then plan the reason later.

Few good excuses/reasons to tell your SO for buying a gun you don't need:
    1. Its an investment, you know, like your jewelry.
    2. The elections are coming up in Nov and we won't be able to buy any guns after that. I'm only interested in protecting my family.
    3. I don't have one like this and it is really, really special. Was thinking of (a) giving it to you or (b) leaving it to (one of the kids) as a special heirloom.
    4. In two years it will double in value, then we'll be glad we have it. Can sell it and trade for food or more SO jewelry.

Or, don't say anything for a while, but then when the SO notices it, and asks, "is that a new gun?" You answer, "this 'ol thang? Shoot no, ain't new. I've had it for a good while now".
    That's what my wife does to me with stuff she buys.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    If you're like the rest of us, it won't be the first time we acted like idiots when it came to guns. Get it then plan the reason later.

2. The elections are coming up in Nov and we won't be able to buy any guns after that. I'm only interested in protecting my family.
    3. I don't have one like this and it is really, really special. Was thinking of (a) giving it to you or (b) leaving it to (one of the kids) as a special heirloom.
    4. In two years it will double in value, then we'll be glad we have it. Can sell it and trade for food or more SO jewelry.

Or, don't say anything for a while, but then when the SO notices it, and asks, "is that a new gun?" You answer, "this 'ol thang? Shoot no, ain't new. I've had it for a good while now".

I gotta write those reasons down. I'm feeling the "need" for a new MP 9 Pro.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

I don't have an SO to deal with, and the girl I'm taking out this weekend is wanting a CHL.

That being said, I need a job before I go buy expensive toys.

Texas Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Spring
    I don't have an SO to deal with, and the girl I'm taking out this weekend is wanting a CHL.

That being said, I need a job before I go buy expensive toys.

Ahhh, didn't know that when I posted earlier. I have kinda figured out how to deal with the SO issue, but lack of funds is another thing all together. I, sadly have had to walk away from some wonderful deals on guns I really REALLY wanted (and needed ) at the time. One I remember was a NIB SA M1A Bush with the cammo stock for $1,100. Could have kicked myself, but had to exercise some level of common sense during times like that.
    Hope you get the kind of employment you need for your career and future well being.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I understand your pain.I have had guns I wanted to buy but did not have the extra money.Then when I had the money and went to buy it ,the one I wanted was sold the day before.;)

Top Bottom