• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Of the 4 that have been on the range, 3 have had significant malfunctions.

One was not resetting the trigger between shots, and the others were light-striking the primers with regularity. Neither could fire more than 2 - 3 rounds without malfunction.

They are cycling fine, but I would suspect a recall might be on the horizon.
    Capitol Armory ad

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Well, if you are speaking of the TCP, I guess I got the good 'fourth' one out of the batch. Not a lot of rounds so far(130 or so) but it's running fine. I plan to hit the range Thursday night for another 100-150 rnds. I'll post if I have any of the problems you mentioned.

Of the 4 that have been on the range, 3 have had significant malfunctions.

One was not resetting the trigger between shots, and the others were light-striking the primers with regularity. Neither could fire more than 2 - 3 rounds without malfunction.

They are cycling fine, but I would suspect a recall might be on the horizon.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Well, if you are speaking of the TCP, I guess I got the good 'fourth' one out of the batch. Not a lot of rounds so far(130 or so) but it's running fine. I plan to hit the range Thursday night for another 100-150 rnds. I'll post if I have any of the problems you mentioned.

Yes, the new TCP.

I was kinda hoping it'd do alright, but so far what I've seen has been less than satisfactory.

chuckybrown

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    i have the PT709, and can tell you it came packed in white grease. after a thorough scrubbing which included removal of the firing pin, and re-installation after proper lubrication, the gun works fine.

my buddy bought the .380, and took it home and did the same thing to his, and it works fine.

take it apart, scrub the hell out of it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I agree with chuckybrown, I also have a PT709 and had to do the same; but it's been 100% since.

All other reports on the TCP have not mentioned any problems...

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    That seems to work most the time with the issues the op reported. But the op is pretty knowledgeable I'm sure he's tried that. It really sucks because I wanted to grab the 709 but ill be waiting for all Taurus kinks to be worked out first.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    i won't buy taurus anything,i had a pt92 when i was younger that was pretty good but everything else of theirs ive shot was crap. and lots of people i've known personally have had tons of issues. i stay away from 380 period you cant find ammo to shoot. i got rid of my 380 late last year because of the ammo situation,screw that.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    i won't buy taurus anything,i had a pt92 when i was younger that was pretty good but everything else of theirs ive shot was crap. and lots of people i've known personally have had tons of issues. i stay away from 380 period you cant find ammo to shoot. i got rid of my 380 late last year because of the ammo situation,screw that.

+1
    I had a PT111 Milpro and it was junk. The problem is not that everything Taurus makes is junk. It's that they're inconsistent, so you may have one gun that's a perfect shooter and another just like it that won't even cycle.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Hum, the current issue of NRA's Rifleman Magazine has an article discussing the current filed of compact 380s. They seem to like the new Taurus 380. With the high cost of 380 ammo these days, this type of handgun does not appeal to me. A friend of mine carries a Kel-Tec .32 auto in his back pocket almost all of the time. You can't even tell it is there. The Kel-Tecs have a questionable service history also. The Kahr sub-compact seem to be good, but I don't like the long trigger travel. Good luck with your small pistol search.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I have put 150 rounds of WWB through my TCP with nary a stumble, and that was straight out of the box it came in. It'll get another 200 rounds this weekend, with a sampling of defensive HP's to ensure reliable functioning for pocket carry. I will report back.

Note: This post is not to counter anyone who is anti-mouse gun, and I am not a big fan of Taurus. I'll carry this thing only in a pinch, when carrying my 1911 is just not at all possible. Better a mouse gun than nothing at all, and so far I like everything about the TCP better than the LCP that I had, and the Kel-Tec .32's and .380's I have handled and fired.

S&W439

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Hardin, Texas
    Sorry You guys can't find a good Taurus but I have a PT 100 that I have put 1,000's of rounds through without ANY malfunctions. I just take it apart and clean it after every 400 to 500 rounds, put it together and keep on shooting. maybe I'm lucky but I can't kick Taurus. BTW I own S&W, Ruger and Para pistols and like them all.

Buck Nekkid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    San Antonio
    My first CCW firearm was a Taurus stainless steel Model 85 five shot .38 special. It was a reliable and finely finished revolver. I actually wish I had it back.

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Owned Taurus in the past- had plenty of FTW and issues with customer support. Never again. Not when I can spend a little more and get a better weapon.

Smokewagon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    West Texas
    I've owned a total of four Tauri, and still have three. PT1911SS, almost 4,000 rounds and still a hoot to shoot. PT145 at just under 3,000 rounds is the only semi-auto I've ever owned that hasn't had at least a minor malfunction, like a stovepipe or something. Perfect thus far and accurate for a short barreled semi-auto. The remaining pistol in 9mm only has about 900 rounds through it, and I'm still pleased with it. I own other brands, all good firearms as well. No complaints about Taurus firearms, so I haven't dealt with CS, just hear the rumors.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    errr. . . . I been looking real hard at a taurus pt 1911. They seem to be the best deals with out spending a grand.

: /

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    i'd pass on their 1911....out of spec and my friend at the range has seen their safety literally break. you might get a good one you might not.....its a gamble with any gun,but the house has a big advantage when it comes to taurus. get a rock island tactical for $400-$450

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom