• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Last evening I made some chicken salad for sandwiches. I used the canned chicken, that is similar to the size of the the tuna in a can. Bad decision! That was the most awful tasting stuff I have ever put into my mouth, and the more I ate, the worse it tasted.

I'll stick with chicken I have cooked from now on for chicken salad!

So what foods or recipes have you tried that came out horrible tasting?
    Texas SOT

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Last evening I made some chicken salad for sandwiches. I used the canned chicken, that is similar to the size of the the tuna in a can. Bad decision! That was the most awful tasting stuff I have ever put into my mouth, and the more I ate, the worse it tasted.

If you sprinkle some Hidden Valley Ranch powder on that canned chicken, it tastes pretty good.

I only know this because back in the good ol' days when Sam's had all the sample ladies everywhere, this was one of the most popular samples at the Abilene Sam's.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If you sprinkle some Hidden Valley Ranch powder on that canned chicken, it tastes pretty good.

I only know this because back in the good ol' days when Sam's had all the sample ladies everywhere, this was one of the most popular samples at the Abilene Sam's.

The wife said she bought it as treat for the cats to eat. I'm thinking now, I should have let her feed that crap to the cats! Bleh!

She does use the Hidden Valley Ranch dressing powder is some of her recipes. That stuff is pretty good.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Became friends with one of the old vendor @ the renfest. The wife was the one doing all the work while the husband hung out & mostly partied. Their shop had a small apartment upstairs & it became my bosses hidding place to get away. The guy would come around in the evening & drink after hours.

Having been in their apartment many times I noticed canned chicken, probably because they onlyhad a mini fridge. One evening after working while waiting on the truck to come in I checked in to see who was partying. I see the husband & we talk & I mention I'm going to fing something to eat. He said they made chicken & dumplings & said he would gladly grab me some. I told him I most likely would just eat some fruit & cheese, that as good as chicken & dumplings sounded, I figured it was to heavy to eat that late.

The next day I see this big bowl of chicken & dumplings he brought the boss. I really didn't look like it had been touched. I asked bossman WTF was that & he confirmed chicken & dumplings. He mentioned the shop owner had brought it by for both of us. My boss said it had a very funky taste to it & he couldn't eat it. Boss man is a real chef, certified executive chef & certified culinary educator. I told him I always noticed the Sweet Sue Canned Chicken & that was the funky taste.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg

I understand sharing recipes, but one that are horrible?

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    My wife is a great cook. But when we first got married many years ago, she often made a baked Tuna and Green Pea Macaroni Casserole. It was made with canned tuna and had cracker crumbs on top.

Yes, it was as bad as it sounds. I was raised on a farm where you ate what was set in front of you. So I ate that casserole and kept quiet.

Well, my silence led my wife to think that I liked it, so she made it every week. So, after about a year of having that stuff every week, I finally told her I hated it. She never made it again, thankfully.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Rendezvous bbq in Memphis. Had ribs there ~15 yrs ago. They were good. Was riding thru there on a bike trip ~5 yrs ago. Had the same ribs and, on recommendation of the bartender, the sliced brisket. I was able to choke down 1/2 of a slice of the brisket. Dry and flavorless. On to the ribs. I had 2-3 bites from a couple ribs. Also dry with a touch more flavor. I paid my tab. Left hungry. Went and got some fried chicken

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    We use the canned chicken for chicken salad and Buffalo chicken dip.
    At my wife's workplace, every Friday someone brought a main dish for everyone and the rest provided some sides. One day, someone brought in a Fish Stick Casserole.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas

I concur With your opinion of canned chicken.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    d2a387ba6f54f623cb29ecb4f791e62e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom