• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Been thinking about picking up a new one, show us what you've got or any recommendations, please!

Cheers! M2

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    GG&G doesn't even belong on the list, the benchmade does not have a sharp edge, it's for breaching. The new Gerber is nice
    pehahuqy.jpg

Or if you have deep pockets...
    ehy2ajy6.jpg

http://www.americankami.com/axe.html

Some of the website is fully functional yet.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Based on the link my good friend Acera posted, I went with the S&W Extraction & Evasion Tomahawk...

SW671a.jpg

The reviews on Amazon for it were convincing, a few think it is a bit heavy but I actually like that; plus it has a full tang which I prefer. It's about ten bucks cheaper on Amazon than Academy, but once i had it in hand I decided I didn't want to wait. I also had something else to buy and a gift card so it was an easy decision and a good one, I think.

Cheers! M2

TheDan

deplorable malconent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm not a tomahawk guy, but I really like my Marbles Camp Axe with American Hickory Handle. Probably the best small axe you can get without emptying your wallet on a Wetterlings or Gransfors-Bruks.

I'm curious, what are you going to use the tactical tomahawk for? Currently, I keep an Estwing hatchet and rock hammer in my truck for any chopping/smashing/spiking needs, but I think something like this would make a better "multitool": Innovation Factory Trucker's Friend

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Dan

There are a variety of good uses for a tomahawk, which basically is a cool name for a handheld axe or hatchet. It's one of those things you don't realize you need until you need one! :D

I had a chance to hold a United Cutlery M48 Hawk Axe Tactical Tomahawk at the Liberty Gun Show today (which, by the way, isn't worth the time or money unless you're really desperate to go to a gun show!), and it made me feel better about the S&W I got. Mine feels like it can stand up to the rigors of hard use, the M48 with its "nylon reinforced handle" feels like it would break after a couple of hard chops. Plus, the rubber handle on my full-length tang feels like a much better grip than the para-cord they wrap around the M48's handle.

The only problem at the moment is now that I have one, I want to use it on something!

Cheers! M2

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Based on the link my good friend Acera posted, I went with the S&W Extraction & Evasion Tomahawk...

SW671a.jpg

The reviews on Amazon for it were convincing, a few think it is a bit heavy but I actually like that; plus it has a full tangwhich I prefer. It's about ten bucks cheaper on Amazon than Academy, but once i had it in hand I decided I didn't want to wait. I also had something else to buy and a gift card so it was an easy decision and a good one, I think.

Cheers! M2

Academy? Ok, im getting one of those.
    Good find 3m.

Support

Sponsors

TRACT
    silencers
    DK Firearms
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Weapon displays
    Ammo