Hurley's Gold

Axxe's Chili Recipe. (Not for the Weak!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Damnit - my wife is a chili addict - tho she can only tolerate wimpy white girl chili (she gets a pass, ever since she had her gall bladder out, anything spicier than salt & pepper wrecks her guts)

This thread made me want to actually make chili. I do it a couple times a year - not quite the spice-lord level that would seem to come with Axxe's chili, but no slouch in the spice department either. I dig the combination of jalapeno, cerrano, pablano peppers. I like mixing chili peppers myself, with jalapeno being the star for flavor & spice. I've added in a handful of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce once in a while for fun. Never tried lime juice in the chili - will have to try it.

I grew up not eating beans (I since saw the light of how delicious properly cooked beans are, but still despise canned baked beans) - but I prefer beanless chili. Wifey *has* to have beans - will have to give this a whirl and make seperate batches - tame for her (and her mom, and my little sister), full power for me and the rest of the family.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Damnit - my wife is a chili addict - tho she can only tolerate wimpy white girl chili (she gets a pass, ever since she had her gall bladder out, anything spicier than salt & pepper wrecks her guts)

This thread made me want to actually make chili. I do it a couple times a year - not quite the spice-lord level that would seem to come with Axxe's chili, but no slouch in the spice department either. I dig the combination of jalapeno, cerrano, pablano peppers. I like mixing chili peppers myself, with jalapeno being the star for flavor & spice. I've added in a handful of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce once in a while for fun. Never tried lime juice in the chili - will have to try it.

I grew up not eating beans (I since saw the light of how delicious properly cooked beans are, but still despise canned baked beans) - but I prefer beanless chili. Wifey *has* to have beans - will have to give this a whirl and make seperate batches - tame for her (and her mom, and my little sister), full power for me and the rest of the family.

Trust me Squatch, your wife could probably handle my chili! My wife has some of the same stomach issues, and she eats it.

The brown sugar and molasses temper the heat level quite a bit. Yes, it's spicy, but flavorful. I use to make two 20 quart stock pots of chili at a time. So the the measurement of ingredients reflects that upper limit. Last several years, I only make one 20 quart stock pot since I'm not feeding as many people. I usually also put some back in the freezer to eat later on in the year.

Beans are sort of a personal preference. I use to make both types years ago, but I found that the vast majority of people tend to prefer beans in their chili. Since I only make one batch instead of two batches, I usually go with beans in mine now. Personally, I like it either way.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom