• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Each day I think the folks in DC can't get more stupid but each day they prove me wrong.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I wouldn't be critizing her guys. She is a "Senator" after all.

Ma'am is a perfectly acceptable and respectful address for a women. It is very common in the military, where higher ranking women officers are addressed that way. It is comparable to calling a man sir.

He should have said "sure, and you call me Brigadier General, now go make me a sandwich"

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    You know, do me a favor, could you call me senator, instead of ma'am.

I did not hear, Brigadier General, could could you do me a favor. "You Know" is not his title.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Ma'am is a perfectly acceptable and respectful address for a women. It is very common in the military, where higher ranking women officers are addressed that way. It is comparable to calling a man sir.

He should have said "sure, and you call me Brigadier General, now go make me a sandwich"
    Arrogant bitch!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I would have said " I'll make a deal with you ma'am I'll call you senator you can call me daddy" Or just said "you are a communist, I will not call senator so Ma'am will have to work for now"

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Its bad enough that she made the request, but also she interupted his response also.. This could havbe easily been a decent request had she done so in private.. my response to her would have been "yes ma'am" and continued, she asked if he could call her senator, not that he would do it...

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008

Exactly, Ma'am in military is meant as respect, he should have answer
    Ma'am is a higher term of respect then Senator.

Good GOD the ignorance of our leaders is truly over powering.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    I was corrected on that once when I was in the military. I was teaching ROTC at a university and a "professor" said m'am was chauvanistic. I replied, "Well, the title is out of my respect for you being a woman. Obviously, you're not, so sir, please accept my sincere and humble apology." Even her fellow professors burst out laughing at the stunned look on her face. Bitch is too kind for Boxer. See You Next Tuesday is more fitting.

2Shots1Wound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    I was corrected on that once when I was in the military. I was teaching ROTC at a university and a "professor" said m'am was chauvanistic. I replied, "Well, the title is out of my respect for you being a woman. Obviously, you're not, so sir, please accept my sincere and humble apology." Even her fellow professors burst out laughing at the stunned look on her face. Bitch is too kind for Boxer. See You Next Tuesday is more fitting.

I can't see how m'am is disrespectful. It seems the opposite to me.

Top Bottom