Venture Surplus ad

B.O.L.O. For Absent Members Of The Forum.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    We might get one going at my place. If i do, it will probably be an invite only.
    Atleast have met at the Bi annual meet to get an invite. Some guys I just I don't trust with guns...lol.
    You better figure out a release of liability form to have people fill out for a gathering. Y’all heard a guy @ OFAST shot himself twice in his hand this year!

You might want to be sure at least on combat vet or EMT attends. Invest in a good first aid kit with tourniquet. Figure out the closest place for a life flight chopper to land & know the gps location. Designate you safety officers, buy an air horn, safety vest.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Saw this thread- and thought to myself I almost became an absent member...

short version- Had Covid-19 a second time, mostly recovered- then wound up with heart valve issue, and open-heart surgery (valve damage likely caused by Covid-19)

I return back to work next week.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Saw this thread- and thought to myself I almost became an absent member...

short version- Had Covid-19 a second time, mostly recovered- then wound up with heart valve issue, and open-heart surgery (valve damage likely caused by Covid-19)

I return back to work next week.

Prayers that your recovery is speedy.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Prayers that your recovery is speedy.
    It has been, thanks!

Was told 4-5 days in the hospital post-op- was discharged the morning of the 3rd day.
    Haven't gotten a slot for Cardiac PT yet, but I have I have been doing what exercise I can, and feel great except for the Sternum still healing.

Need to get the exercise up so my BP can come back down- it was real bad before due to the leaky heart valve- and has improved... but I'm still limited by the exercise I can can do until surgeon clears me. That is supposed to happen next week.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    How about this?

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I thought long and hard over the last couple of days about how to approach this. Brought up by the passing of a member of the forum, who was absent for several weeks since his last appearance. That was sad, and a dose of reality. Many people think of the internet, and forums as being faceless and anonymous, and in many places it is. But TGT has shown, time and time again, it's in some ways like a family, and at least a community of like-minded people, who actually get together in person, if nothing more than just a FTF buying and selling items they have here for sale.

Maybe what we need is a TGT Network. Where we get to know a few members even if just by PM, and trade a phone number, an email, or maybe even an address is case something were to happen to someone and they were absent for a length of time from the forum.

Good idea, or bad idea? lets open this up for discussion!

I like the idea of our mods having access to my personal contact info. Plus whoever other members I might choose to share my personal contact info with.
    I've yet to attend any meet-ups other than a few ftf buy/sell/trade, but I trust my gut with others just from getting to know them through their posts here, that we have the same views on things and feel i can trust - I might even consider that Axxe55 guy as one of those, lol.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    We might get one going at my place. If i do, it will probably be an invite only.
    Atleast have met at the Bi annual meet to get an invite. Some guys I just I don't trust with guns...lol.
    I'm single and do what I want but you may want to list the others you're going to invite so they can get permission. :what:

Sure! Graze your ear one time!
    :roflfunny:

Top Bottom