• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    First request for action for Being Open With Illegal Edges Club.
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...8912-b-o-w-i-e-club-edcing-illegal-knife.html

It'd be nice to have an opinion letter from the Texas AG that CHL holders are exempt from the whole of 46.02 and not just the handgun part to protect us from any misunderstandings and end up in jail.

Very few can request an opinion from the Texas AG.
    https://www.oag.state.tx.us/opin/#whocan

How to contact the Texas Gov.

Office of the Governor - Rick Perry - Contact

"I need assistance"

Fill in your personal information

Issue:* Other

Letter to the Governor of Texas.

Petition to request the Attorney General's opinion on the carrying of Bowie knives as a concealed handgun license (CHL) holder.

It saddens me that here in the Great State of Texas, generally, we cannot carry a Bowie knife as current laws are written or enforced.

Reading the laws governing CHL holders it would seem though, that a person with a valid CHL and a handgun would be exempt from this restriction and may carry a Bowie knife.

The law looks clear, as I will detail below, but enforcement seems biased towards misunderstanding or not knowing of this exception at the risk that a person carrying a Bowie knife, and exempt, might mistakenly be arrested.

I would therefore like to petition you as the Governor of Texas to request an opinion from the Texas Attorney General to clarify the law hopefully supporting the right and opportunity to carry a Bowie knife.

Thank you,

Mr. MateFrio
    Texas Resident and Voter

Sec. 46.15. NONAPPLICABILITY.
    [...]
    (b) Section 46.02 does not apply to a person who:
    [...]
    (6) is carrying a concealed handgun and a valid license issued under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, to carry a concealed handgun of the same category as the handgun the person is carrying;[...]

Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:
    DK Firearms

Top Bottom