• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Congratulations on the baby! Give my wishes to mom. I hope she's doing well. My wife has had some rough pregnancies, particularly this last one.

@DyeF9, thinking it's about time for a pic.

I'll post some pics of Aleksander and an update in the post whore thread tomorrow, for sure.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

dapakattack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    DFW Area

Public schools are already out of contention.
    Private or homeschool is on the agenda. All we can do is raise him as best we can.

Never considered having a kid when we lived in CA. Hopefully this state doesn’t become a similar dumpster fire.

Congrats!!! Good luck and try to get into or stay in shape now as you'll want to do things with him when he gets a bit older.

You still have a few years before school, but keep Founders Classical Academies in mind when you are looking for a school. They are charters (basically a private school education that is free) that get curriculum help from Hillsdale College. My son memorized the Gettysburg Address in kindergarten and now in 3rd grade is starting to learn Latin and Greek. They have a few in the Dallas area.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Congrats! I worked with a guy that started his second family that way - he was 50 and wife was around 35. He's now 70 but always said he enjoyed his last child the most since he'd mellowed in age versus the two he had in his early 20's.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Congrats! May this child make your life and your marriage complete.

My best friend in high school was born when his dad was 53. Good news is he was retired by the time John was 13 and he could watch all of our baseball games. I always thought it odd tgat his dad was older, but my dad was in his early 60’s by then too, so I was not far off from that situation myself.

Rejoice in the fact that, with age comes wisdom, and you will avoid a lot of the mistakes that younger dads my make.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    We’re high-risk so wanted to wait until the second trimester. Wife is pregnant with our first kid. He’s due around Valentines Day.

It’s exciting and terrifying...I’ll be 50 in January (Mrs Pronstar is younger than me). So I’ll be that “I’m his father not grandfather” guy.

Apparently he didn’t take after my Asian genes, based on the third leg that was evident in our second ultrasound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congratulations on you new addition to be!

Top Bottom