• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I'm back! *crickets*..... Ok so no one cares...but I do, cause TGT is like sex...if you don't do it for a while, there's build up. Now I need to splooge all over you! Here we go!

Changing tone quickly, the reason for my absence initially was due to an awful situation. A long time childhood friend and neighbor lost his Mother and 18 year old sister after they were each shot in the head during a home invasion. The mother died quickly, but the sister was able to survive long enough to not only call 911, but answer the door for the cops, be transported to the hospital and early into the next morning. At about 4 am, she was sedated (or maybe fell asleep on her own, unclear here), but when she was sleeping, her brain began to swell. A third person, a family friend who was there doing some work on the house, was also shot. We thought he was going to live and be able to provide information to catch the sub-human scum that did this, but he also passed away after a few days. I took time to spend time with him during that long week and following weekend. His family is originally from Laos (moved here in 1980), and they celebrate the lives, rather than mourn their deaths, everyday until the viewing/funerals. I've tried to keep him company and make sure he knows he's not alone. I went with him to purchase a new gun (M&P in .45 is what he got), as he had just sold his old one a few months ago. With the background situation behind this (I won't go into detail on this, but we think it involves some not so upstanding citizens within his family), and the fact that the murderers didn't steal anything, they may still be out there willing to harm him, and he needed to be able to protect himself. It's been rough, but he is keeping busy. Still keeping in touch as the realization of things begins to slowly settle in for him.

Moving on to much lighter notes:
    That same friend and I went shooting, and afterwards, I went to clean up my 10/22 Breakdown, and I think I bent the guide rod or something (no idea how I did that). At first I couldn't get the handle to move at all. I could manually compress the spring though. After a bit of banging the part that looked bent (see stock pic below with the arrow pointing toward part that was bent on mine), I was able to get the handle to move, but the action still feels stiff. Haven't shot it since to see if the blow back of a .22 is strong enough to cycle it.

I am just days away from finishing school and graduating! Feels good to get that break! I also got a call the other day with a job offer from the Texas State Comptroller (made a thread on that a while back about me applying for it). I will be in Austin for a week in June and in Houston for four separate one week long stays for training. As the dates get closer, I may ask a few of you locals to guide me on which streets to avoid so I don't spend an hour in traffic.

Ok, I'm done....here's a towel, I think I got some in your hair!

-ruger-1022-bolt-cnc-10-22-laser-engraved-bolts-charging-handle-skeletonized-black-3_zps0387d212.png
    Target Sports

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Wow... I've never been so moved, disgusted, excited, let down, and puzzled all at the same time. Lol. Welcome back and sorry to hear about that home invasion. It makes me wonder if I have the training and premeditation to get it right if something happened like that to me.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Son of a bitch!!!! Sorry bruh. Find them first and i will help with the bodies.
    Cause i know of several places in my travels glad you are back !

Prayers up for this fam

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Great to have you back! Don't forget that its ok for you to get help too if needed.....that is a lot to deal with!

sent from wait....where am I!?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Nice to see you back. That shit sucks, I hope they rot. My condolences all around.
    Congats on school and the job too, good luck with it.

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    It's no doubt that we've been wondering where you went. Glad to know you have your wits about you though. I'll surely be praying for you. Stick around for a while if you don't mind :rolleyes:

-PAK-

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Except for the opening and closing, a good write up.

Seriously, tough stuff Eddie. Hope you and your friend are doing well.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Oh man a forgot about that situation. I'm sorry things ended up the way they did.

Being out of school is a good feeling. welcome back

Top Bottom