DK Firearms

Back in Cali, NOW I feel safer in my car!!! California Drivers aren't bad at all, compared to Houston Drivers...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Ironically, most of the lousy drivers in Texas came from California!

I've driven in SoCal several times, those idiots don't have the first clue. They drive their hybrids and electric cars in the left lane of the highway doing below the speed limit, and won't get out of the way for faster traffic. 95% of the time they are talking on their cell phones or eating fish tacos while they drive. They live in their own little world with no regard for other drivers on the road.

Not that Texas is much better, but it's still not California (yet!).

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    As someone who lived in CA for years before moving to Texas, I'll tell ya that CA drivers, both NorCal and Socal, are the most arrogant, the greediest, the worst I have seen in my travels in the U.S. They are asshole drivers. My wife and I both agree that the idiot drivers in TX are ones who likely moved here from CA.

And as an ex-CA escapee, it annoys me to no end to have CA folks complain about how CA is better than TX, something I have never done, and never will. Because CA is a shithole state and NOBODY there can compare their shithole state to any other, especially TX.

Don't like it? Then do us a favor and stay in CA.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Here is a thought I have inside my head atleast daily, usually multiple times a day: "I hate people from california"

With a few exceptions on this forum ofc. No one cares about the way you do things in the sodom of the west.

Next time you are in Houston get out and walk around. How many southern sounding accents do you hear there now? How many ole cowboys do you see walking around? Last time I was there in 2015 it was like I took a portal to mogadishu. Anyone who thinks a major city in Texas is a summation of true Texan character and culture is a retard and should immediately head back to california.

Literally every single major city in America is a multicultural nightmare where the inherent cultures of the city have been displaced due to "economic refugees" and .gov fed welfare rats.

The point I am trying to make is, if you see an asshole on the road, its probably your old next door neighbor from california. They probably complain about living in the best state in the entire country too just like you.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    The last time I drove in California, I had flown into San Fransisco and rents a car to get to my job out there.
    The drivers seemed pretty good compared to Austin drivers. That is until I experience my first idiot lane splitting motorcyclist. and then a second and third, etc.etc.
    I ride motorcycles and have for several decades. I have never even considered doing that crap.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have no experience driving in California but your observations are fair about Houston. My last trip through on my way to lake Charles I had to dodge a 30lb trailer hitch some dumbass didn't check or pin right as it shot down the highway in addition to the non signaling goons out there. As far as idiots on motorcycles lane splitting, it's legal there iirc but not here so everytime I see someone doing it in Texas I know they're from Cali or just stupid as shit.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I hate big city driving ANYWHERE!!!

Living on the eastern side of the failed state of Oregon, there is little traffic on the freeway. Car spacing is usually gauged in miles rather than feet. Then some dipweed comes charging up on my tail, waits until he gets 5 feet off my bumper and zooms around me, cutting back in before his tailgate has passed my front fender. That is when I know he is from Portland/Potland. It's diff there. When I have to go, I put my 4 pt harness and crash helmet on... figuratively.

Drivers in Tampa very much resemble what the OP mentioned, and my dad was one of the worst offenders.

I have a brother that still lives in Calif, and yes his attitude is obnoxious that everything there is better than things elsewhere. And his cool guy vibe is so lost on me. If everything everywhere else was like it is in Calif today, not even Mexico would want it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    California became a liberal shithole decades ago. And now you have liberals who are trying to flee California, and want to make Texas a liberal shithole.

I think the overall consensus is, the OP needs to stay in California, and enjoy the much better and safer drivers that state can provide for him.

I sure wouldn't want his safety to be endangered by all these unsafe Texas drivers.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Two important things to remember about driving in Houston
    1. A turn signal is considered a sign of weakness.
    2. Space between vehicles in the same lane shows fear. You must never show fear.
    TO the OP: Glad you got out alive, many don't. I learned to drive and operate a motorcycle in So Cal. back in the day. LA. is worse than Houston because they all believe they are good drivers. You must watch out for them as they don't watch anything.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I'd drive in reverse through Houston traffic everyday rather than drive in Honolulu again. That shit was infuriating. I literally yelled **** Honolulu at the top of my lungs with the top down on a convertible while doing a tire spinning 180 on a one way street. Yeah, I was that guy.

Top Bottom