Back in Cali, NOW I feel safer in my car!!! California Drivers aren't bad at all, compared to Houston Drivers...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I have been in Cali my whole life and drivers do some stupid crap, BUT...
    I recently got back from the Houston, AND surrounding areas, and y'all are MUCH worse!!!

Ya remember that "Welcome to Texas" sign you saw?

Read the fine print....it says "Except YOU!"

Keep your whiny ass in CA where it belongs.

Follow me for more insightful tips and ideas on relocating from shitholes!

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    6eb8b7d9b4ff76debb6d43a0b041da4e.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'd drive in reverse through Houston traffic everyday rather than drive in Honolulu again. That shit was infuriating. I literally yelled **** Honolulu at the top of my lungs with the top down on a convertible while doing a tire spinning 180 on a one way street. Yeah, I was that guy.

I've driven on O'ahu numerous times over the past decade, and while I've experienced the "Pearl Jam" more times than I care to admit (staying in Ko Olina and working on Camp Smith is not a fun commute!); once you get out of Waikiki it's not too bad with the exception of the North Shore on the weekends.

The biggest thing I hated was "subsidized" police cars, privately owned automobiles used for law enforcement! That POS pick-up truck sitting on the side of the road as you go into Nānākuli on the dirt side of the island could be a cop running radar! There is some strange shit on the west side of O'ahu, and some of the most bigoted people you'll ever meet!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    c,

Agreed, I'm here, but didn't go ballistic now did I?

He is obviously trolling and I suggested a better strategy to get more of the attention that he so desires.

Just trying to help I am...

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    In my opinion the OP it’s not that wrong about traffic, buuuut… how many of those in Houston are originally from elsewhere? Same for Dallas… A lot of rural Texas is / was still polite and will pull over for emergency vehicles and funerals and the like… and not signaling is a plague.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I have lived in California, New York, Illinois, Wyoming, and been everywhere in the U.S. and all big city drivers suck. But remember one thing about us Texas drivers, we all have guns in the car and you guys in California don't ( and never will).

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    haha, reminds me of an incident I had about two years ago on the way to work one morning. To preface the story, nothing grates on me more than texting drivers.
    I was I my bike, about third in line at a light. The light turns green and my lane moves forward but the left lane was still stopped. As I got up to the first car (Prius) I saw she was looking down so I laid on my horn. Well I’ll be darned if the Lexus SUV didn’t gun it and plow into the back of the Prius. He must not have been paying attention either and when he heard my horn he goosed it assuming he was clear to go.
    I heard the crash and looked in my mirror to see the door fly open on the Prius. The lady was pissed. I laughed my butt off. I‘m even giggling about that now as I write this. Poetic justice I say.

Top Bottom