• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    From what I hear of more recent basic training experiences, it won’t be very bad. I’m more disappointed with every new story I hear and I went in ‘03 when many of the old guys said it had already gotten soft. Now nobody gets roughed up, no foul language, weekly phone calls home, etc. closer to a strict summer camp from the way it’s been described to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve heard similar so I won’t die.

I went to Parris Island in ‘04.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    If'n I had another opportunity, I would go the medic route. Combat medic would be close to top. Master at Arms would have been my top choice. But, I don't float well, so playing on full size Tonka toys it was. With things being what they are now, any kind of medical or cyber training could be a BIG payoff in the real world.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Anyone familiar with Futures Command, specifically Rellis and Texas A&M, or the 75th Innovation Command?

At our Marine Corps League meeting the other week a retired Army Colonel spoke to us about is, the Army, what they’ve been doing and some things they are planning.

That got me really thinking about an AGR or GS job. For those that are familiar with those commands, what types of jobs might that be in the future and what would be a good segue into those types of positions?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Anyone familiar with Futures Command, specifically Rellis and Texas A&M, or the 75th Innovation Command?

Generically

Here’s the one current GS opening in TX

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Generically

Here’s the one current GS opening in TX

I’m hoping someone is familiar with what is going on down here and what the longer term plans are and what I might want to consider to get in on the ground level, so to speak.

Chuckles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Fort Worth
    A perspective from old corps, pick a career that you can continue after retirement. The intel or aviation or MP for examples, also look at the Air Force, more locations in Texas and they used to train MP in San Antonio.
    Semper Fi
    Downside with intel is our commands are such shitshows.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    @Big Green you ever figure out what you’re gonna do when you grow up?
    In my 30's I worked with a guy who was about to retire. He mentioned he was still trying to figure out what he wanted to do when he grew up. It dawned on me that most of us will do the same. As I near 60, I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do when I grow up...if I ever grow up.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Yep, but I get older everyday. I don’t want to wait too long and they decide to change the ages again.
    Considering the state of American "youth" today, the induction testing for the Army will get back to the "hollow Army" of the Jimmy Carter days or the Wermacht in 1944: You walk in and the doctor says "Sit in the red chair". Since there are two - red and yellow - it is simple. You walk over and sit in the red chair. The doctor stamps your medical "passed" because you heard him, you were able to walk to the chair, and you correctly selected the red chair.

Top Bottom