• Occasionally

Votes: 41 41.0%

• Total voters

Vehemence

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Cypress
    I carry a concealed handgun IWB, behind my hip daily. Whenever possible, I also carry a second 'backup' handgun in my front pocket (Walther PPS .40S&W). I've been doing this for almost 20 years now. Before I switched to my PPS .40, I pocket-carried my Kahr PM9, and before that it was my Colt Mustang Plus II .380 or Beretta Tomcat .32

I'm guessing a lot of folks will think that's a bit redundant or even overkill, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and as long as I'm not wearing tight pants (which I never do) I don't find it to be inconvenient or uncomfortable.

Do you carry a backup gun? If so, what kind and what carry method/placement do you use?

Vehemence

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Cypress
    That's a mean little pistol. My wife carries one daily. I enjoy shooting it and considered it for my backup, but it's just too fat for pocket-carry (in my opinion). For ankle carry, I bet it's perfect, but I spend too much time sitting at a desk to conceal a pistol on my ankle. If I could carry on my ankle, I'd definitely consider the Glock 27 - it holds 3 more rounds than my PPS.

Reaper277

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    When I got my CHL 9 years ago my instructor had a G17 on his side and a G19 in his back and a derringer on his belt buckle. He swore he carried like that everyday. So I think a PM9 or whatever as backup isn't to much.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    G27 main gun at waste. NAA mini revolver in pocket. Just a touch better than a pointy stick but I would rather have two guns than one gun with multiple mags.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    I carry a concealed handgun IWB, behind my hip daily. Whenever possible, I also carry a second 'backup' handgun in my front pocket (Walther PPS .40S&W). I've been doing this for almost 20 years now. Before I switched to my PPS .40, I pocket-carried my Kahr PM9, and before that it was my Colt Mustang Plus II .380 or Beretta Tomcat .32

I'm guessing a lot of folks will think that's a bit redundant or even overkill, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and as long as I'm not wearing tight pants (which I never do) I don't find it to be inconvenient or uncomfortable.

Do you carry a backup gun? If so, what kind and what carry method/placement do you use?

PPS front pocket while also carrying IWB? Must not be wearing jeans. More power to you. To me, that setup would result in too much pant sag, with all the weight being on one side. Doesn't it also make the pocket gun harder to access?

I like my backup gun to be the fasted possible to access, say from a vehicle, but in a comfortable location, so jacket pocket or shoulder holster. I really don't consider it a backup though, just one possible option depending on the situation.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Why two guns? Why not multiple mags and just be happy with that?

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Shroud
    Weapon displays
    Ammo
    Defender Tactical