• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Houston, TX
    So this past weekend as all we know we had here in Houston the Gun Collectors Show... I was in the look for a holster for my XDSC... I stop at one boot that was selling nothing but Holster and I ask the sales person if he had a Holster for a XDSC he ask me if I had my Gun with me and replayed "Yes" so he ask me if I could show it to him so he can fit a holster.... So I did... BIG MISTAKE! As soon as he got it he tried to move the cable tied out of the way so he can fit the gun in the holster... In the process the gun slip out of hes hand!!! He tried to catch the gun in the air but he made it worst! The gun hit the concrete hard and slide a few feats down! He quickly got nervous (He knew he broke the first man law! "NEVER DROP A/YOUR GUN") He couldn't even talk... He apologize about 10,000 times and he gave me a free holster. He also gave my friends holsters for a good discount.... That still didnt make me happy! That pretty much messed my whole day up... But he was very professional about it so I did not give him shit...

Now my sights broke and the gun has some scratches in the finish and is very annoying... Going to this gun show left a very bad taste!... Well any ways shit happens... So I bought a set of TRUGLO's

Does any body know which coatings out there are good? I am looking at Robar Robar Premium Finishing & Firearms Home Page

Any ideas?

TIA!

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Sounds like an honest mistake, shit happens and all. He shoulda at least paid to have it fixed.

As for finishes, i'm prone to just giving the Krylon touch :) (think camo pattern)

TJ Willy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Wichita Falls
    Yeah... that sucks. Shit happens. Sucks indeed. I probably would tried to get him to pay for repair or at the least replace the sights. You did get a holster for it at no costs. Seems like a huge price to pay in the end though.

Sorry that happened.

perchjerk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    i applaud u for keeping your composure. i also have an xd9sc and am absolutely in love with the gun and i might not have let him off the hook that easy lol. thats actually pretty rediculous he wasnt more careful with someone e lses gun. but like its been said. shi*t happens.

Enron Exec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Behind 16 rnds of 9x19mm
    Sorry to hear about your bad exp. I would have asked him to replace the sights at least since that really does affect the function of the gun. Personally i dont care much about the cosmetics and would rack it up as "experience" or "character" towards a story for my gun. :)

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Rogard is supposed to be awesome. Great lubricating element and easy as hell to clean as nothing sticks to it.

There's also the stuff Glack uses, they call it something else but the trade name I can' recall. Tenifur maybe? I know it's spelled wrong.

Also, New Page 1 comes highly recommended from a lot of smiths also.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    How do you like that Robar coating Baboon? Is it their NP3 coating? Some of their coatings seem to be some of the best around.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    How do you like that Robar coating Baboon? Is it their NP3 coating? Some of their coatings seem to be some of the best around.
    I believe it's their NP3. It looks great on the rifle. As far as how it holds up, my gun club banned .50's as I was sighting mine in. It has become my biggest safe queen.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom