Military Camp

Bad roads and tires, are AT tires more comfortable?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    195/65R15 is stock size and I might be able to put 215/70R15 on but I'm unsure if it actually requires a lift. It's a 1.9" difference in Diameter and 0.8" wider. There is tons of wheel well gap but its weird this Prius lift kit company has that size as the size to fit the kit. When I measure the stock tires and go steering lock to lock and there should be plenty of room. I was shopping on NTB website, searching a local stores inventory as they do alignments as well as tires and they have some tires in 205/65R15 but nothing bigger than that.

I may or may have not done some rally car type stuff in some rough gravel roads, was fairly comfortable considering how bad the road was... Smoothes out the faster you go.

One day I was doing a tire rotation and thought the car's suspension looked ridiculous so I took a pic. Normally there is only 3"~ gap.

IMG_6877.JPG

Here is a video of the roads that I consider rough.

Guns International

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    A lot of people will and have already said don’t mess with it. Do it! Get crazy with that Prius! Give it a lift, put some big tires on it and put it in the ketchup.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Nothing wrong with that, as long as it's done right, and then turns out to be like a real rally car. But that's a stock Prius!
    If I’m right the guy probably hates his car and wants to put it in the redline but doesn’t want to admit it. He’s got a redneck just waiting to bust out. I’m trying to encourage this behavior.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    With the rain coming in even the county road is starting to get bad in some areas. Here’s a pic of a good section. Then the second pic is of my entrance. The neighbor that tries to fix it means well he’s just stupid.
    39FB6E02-933B-4309-AD1C-DB2CA0D8EF7F.jpeg
    76E2C007-9495-4B39-AF8B-BA597E81DBF6.jpeg
    Tires make the difference.
    E0D31D42-7D77-45F8-A66C-E41D0BB96AF2.jpeg

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Check this article out, about a lifted Prius.

They used taller struts from another Toyota vehicle.

What they don’t get into is this:
    Their lift is comprised of eating the available downtravel.
    Which will make the car ride like garbage...but they’ll have more ground clearance.

A proper suspension setup places the static suspension at about midway between uptravel and downtravel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom