• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Went out for a quick errand before the wife made dinner. Was completely stopped waiting to make a left turn into a store parking lot. Some idiot pulled out of the parking lot hitting a car going the opposite way as me and was pushed over into my lane hitting me head on. As I was still waiting for it to be clear to make a left turn. Bike was thrown back along with me several car lengths. Chin hit the windscreen on my street glide cutting all the way through my chin and into my mouth cutting my gums. Had to go get several stitches and my right shoulder is jacked up a bit but just bruised not broken along with minor scrapes and abrasions. Bike is probably totaled. Front rim bent at least 6 inches in. Forks bent in a banana shape bars are seized up turned all the way left as well as damage to both the entire right and left side. With the speed of being hit head on I was extremely lucky that it was not worse and I walked away with my life. What stinks is I just had new forks and wheel bearings put in last week and installed a new radio and amplifier. as well as replace the front wheel fender. I really hope its not totaled but that kind of hit most likely did a lot more damage than meets the eye. Cops said straight up it was not my fault in any way and told me the woman to file the insurance through that caused the wreck. Seriously thinking about getting a personal injury lawyer because of the size and jagged cut it will leave me with a nasty long scar on my chin. But not sure about that
    Guns International

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2017
    Cypress
    Dang, sounds like a really bad a accident, glad you walked away. Sounds to me like your entitled to some pain and suffering money along with whatever damage to your bike that won't be covered by the insurance.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That sucks, although it sounds like it could have been a lot worse. Hope that doesn't shy you away from riding. I hope they give you more than what you had into her, certainly make sure they pay for medical and any time lost. Again, glad you aren't in worse shape and I hope you are out riding again soon.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Went out for a quick errand before the wife made dinner. Was completely stopped waiting to make a left turn into a store parking lot. Some idiot pulled out of the parking lot hitting a car going the opposite way as me and was pushed over into my lane hitting me head on. As I was still waiting for it to be clear to make a left turn. Bike was thrown back along with me several car lengths. Chin hit the windscreen on my street glide cutting all the way through my chin and into my mouth cutting my gums. Had to go get several stitches and my right shoulder is jacked up a bit but just bruised not broken along with minor scrapes and abrasions. Bike is probably totaled. Front rim bent at least 6 inches in. Forks bent in a banana shape bars are seized up turned all the way left as well as damage to both the entire right and left side. With the speed of being hit head on I was extremely lucky that it was not worse and I walked away with my life. What stinks is I just had new forks and wheel bearings put in last week and installed a new radio and amplifier. as well as replace the front wheel fender. I really hope its not totaled but that kind of hit most likely did a lot more damage than meets the eye. Cops said straight up it was not my fault in any way and told me the woman to file the insurance through that caused the wreck. Seriously thinking about getting a personal injury lawyer because of the size and jagged cut it will leave me with a nasty long scar on my chin. But not sure about that

I'm glad to hear you're (mostly) ok. Sorry about the bike.

If you go see a plastic surgeon, they might be able to significantly reduce the amount of scaring. I'd do that sooner than later. There's also a cream you can put on it while it's fresh that can help reduce scaring. I think it was called Mederma or something like that.

I would definitely consider the personal injury lawyer if for nothing else than some form of justice. The driver of that other car is not going to be brought to justice in any real way. A ticket at most, and most likely an increase in her insurance bill. Not exactly a fitting punishment for totaling a bike and injuring someone due to her stupidity.

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    As a rider I worry about this stuff all of the time. I am glad it wasn't worse.

As a lesson for others, can you describe what protective gear you were wearing? Helmet (style), jacket, pants or shorts, boots or shoes, etc?

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    I am sorry that happened to you.

Definitely lawyer up early, and go after them for total bikes worth, pain and suffering and expenses. It is not worth it dealing with their insurance company, as they will try to give you the minimum amount to make you go away. Make their pocketbook hurt. You'll get significantly more with a lawyer, if they try to fight you.

People that harm motorcyclist brothers/sisters deserve no mercy in regards to paying up for damage caused.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I am sorry that happened to you.

Definitely lawyer up early, and go after them for total bikes worth, pain and suffering and expenses. It is not worth it dealing with their insurance company, as they will try to give you the minimum amount to make you go away. Make their pocketbook hurt. You'll get significantly more with a lawyer, if they try to fight you.

People that harm motorcyclist brothers/sisters deserve no mercy in regards to paying up for damage caused.

This^
    To OP ...
    Sorry about your injuries.
    Do get a PI lawyer ASAP
    These kind of injuries tend to have long lasting consequences and no way in hell can you adequately represent yourself in a system where justice is for sale.
    Junkyard dog of a lawyer is needed.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    As a rider I worry about this stuff all of the time. I am glad it wasn't worse.

As a lesson for others, can you describe what protective gear you were wearing? Helmet (style), jacket, pants or shorts, boots or shoes, etc?

Harley half helmet, riding glasses, didn't wear my riding jacket as I was just running a quick errand If I had worn that my elbows would not be cut up, thick work type jeans, Harley high ankle support thick riding boots, leather riding gloves again harley. If the impact on my chin was about 4 inches lower the cut that went all the way through would of hit my left side of my neck where the jugular vein is. I am lucky there!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    This is exactly why I never got into motorcycles. Too little protection for me and most drivers are idiots. Glad you were able to walk away.

I am generally not in the "suesuesue" crowd but you almost have to these days to be fairly compensated.

As far as any scarring goes, leave it be. It isn't like you are working on your modeling career.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    my motto is "Watch everyone, trust no one" ..... always stay alert! I have gone down many times, but yet to go to the hospital in my 45 years of riding *knock on wood*. The bikes on the other hand didn't always fare so well. Motorcycles aren't for everyone, but for me it's a way of life, and if I die riding, at least I went out doing something I love.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Hired a large lawfirm that has great reviews. No matter what I do not pay anything out of pocket win or loose. They came out to my house on sunday lol. No matter what they said there is no way in hell I can lose this case. They will be handling everything from insurance to medical so all I have to do is go to any dr appointments they make for me.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Hired a large lawfirm that has great reviews. No matter what I do not pay anything out of pocket win or loose. They came out to my house on sunday lol. No matter what they said there is no way in hell I can lose this case. They will be handling everything from insurance to medical so all I have to do is go to any dr appointments they make for me.
    Good deal, now look at replacing your ride.

Top Bottom