Bahrain Grand Prix fiery crash

General Zod

TGT Addict
Sep 29, 2012
Kaufman County
I'm not a big Formula 1 fan, but my buddy Tim is and our families were hanging out together tonight while he watched this race. Not even one lap into the race, there's a fiery crash that literally split a car in half and engulfed it in a fireball. Never seen anything like it (Well, ok, in Iron Man 2 when Ivan Vanko attacks Tony Stark during the Monaco Grand Prix, but never anything in real life), and the driver walked away. Red flag stopped the race while they cleared the wreckage and replaced the section of wall the front end of the car pierced as it exploded - the "halo" neck support kept the driver from being decapitated in the middle of the fireball.

Second lap was run under a yellow flag to get the drivers' positions reset, then restarted on the third lap. NOT EVEN one lap into the restarted race, a car got flipped. Holy crap.

See for yourselves.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
Jul 14, 2020
USA
Yeah... I saw it happen. Pretty poor coverage by the broadcasting team after the accident. Looking at the remains of the car one certainly has to question how the driver survived much less unstrapped himself and got out of it in the middle of an inferno!

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion
Drockton Bullion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members