• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Since I know we have a few other AK enthusiasts on here (and I've already got my order in! ), I thought I'd share this with everyone...

Balkan Battlefield Stock Sets

Balkan_Battlefield_3_Stock_Sets.jpg

Three AKM stock sets taken from the battlefields of the Balkan Wars, complete with pistol grips and handguards.

HOLIDAY SPECIAL Three complete veteran stock sets for $24.99!!

This is your chance to own some interesting pieces of military history.

These veteran stock sets were gathered from Romanian AKM's that were taken out of the conflict zone after the fighting was over.

The guns are now silent, the war is over, the Soldiers all went home and these stock sets came to APEX!

The three veteran AKM stock sets you will receive all show signs of long hard use by Soldiers on a battlefield.

The sets all have features changed to suit the needs of the Soldier who carried the rifle they came from.

The lower handguards have all had the grip cut off, the sling swivels are on the sides of the wooden buttstock, some handguards have gripping grooves hand cut into them.

These are dirty and greasy, the finish is worn and faded, they show what they went through!

These stock sets can also show some insight as to the Soldiers who spent their days and nights with their rifle no more than an arms length away.

Some show graffiti, stickers, paint, scratched on names of family/friends/places/units, Soldier "art" even battle scars!

There is a near endless variety that our warehouse crew has packed up into these triple stock sets.

This is your chance to own some one of a kind military history!

Once these are gone, we expect to see no more.

No requests on these, no returns.
    These would be great for a BFPU build, or anyone interested in Balkans war memorabilia. And you can't beat that price!

I've heard that Apex had these for a while, and once they're gone I doubt you'll see them this available again. BFPU furniture usually commands much higher prices than this, so grab now while the grabbings good or regret it later!

Cheers! M2

p.s. Click on the title in the quote to link to their website.
    ARJ Defense ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Since I just posted pics of the Yugo handguard sets I just got from APEX, I figured I would also put a few of the Romanian sets I bought earlier this year from them as well...

IMG_5953.jpg

IMG_5964.jpg

(No, the stars are not on the stock; that's just me trying to keep this family friendly! )
    IMG_5969.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5960.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg

IMG_5957.jpg

IMG_5952.jpg

Cheers! M2

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Looked at those. Thought they'd be good for a build. But since you can't pick, and can't return, it was a no-go for me. If I ended up with a set that was less than family friendly, they'd likely just have to get pitched.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    A "family-friendly AK?" That phrase made me smile, but I understand your point!

The good thing is that if you got something you didn't like, it would be easy to sell/swap with someone else.

In my other thread on the Yugo BFPU handguards, one guy got a set with a swastika on it (the Croatian Ustaše, a fascist/anti-Yugoslav movement, used it during WWII and it was resurrected during the Balkans War). It's ironic that it was for a Yugo AK, but the M70 was used on all sides during the battles in the former Yugoslavia so it's not surprising to see it. But obviously, such symbology is not warmly accepted in this country.

I for one love these for their historical value. Having served in the Balkans (I was in Bosnia in 1998), and having studied the war there, I am more than familiar with all the atrocities committed by all sides. Heck, I witnesses it firsthand, and obviously am appalled at what I saw; but that still doesn't negate the fact that it is history whether we like it or not!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom