• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Rod in question is an Arjon 9' 7 weight 2 piece. Made in Sweden. Has original rod sock. *Adjusted price to reflect inclusion of the reel, spare spool and line now*

As with most bamboo (split cane) fly rods it would be described as a slow-action or maybe parabolic action - it takes a methodical casting stroke but will lay out line once you get the stroke right. I have fished this rod with a #8 weight forward line and a #6 weight forward line - both worked - I prefer it with the 8. Fun rod with big perch or average size bass on. I suppose you could use it in the salt, but you'd need to oil the ferrules and guides and make sure to rinse them well after each use.

$250 - prefer face to face transactions vs shipping. Willing to drive upto 100 miles from Magnolia to meet.

N9DXKOo.jpg

ORrp4O9.jpg

c5CFnaH.jpg
    Guns International

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Sasquatch,

As I own my Dad's treasured bamboo flyrod that he bought in 1940, I don't need yours.
    BUT
    I thought you would like to know how to make a suitable/CHEAP/TOUGH case to transport or mail it in.

A suitable sized piece of RIGID PVC "plastic" pipe, a little PVC glue & two end caps of a diameter that fits the rod, in its "sock", will protect your NICE rod from damage.
    (I've taken the rod on numerous domestic/foreign airline trips & even the "clumsy & 100% UNCARING creatures", called baggage handlers have never hurt neither the rod nor the "homebrew case". - Fwiw, I drilled a hole "at an angle" through one end cap & the pipe for a "long shackle" padlock to protect the rod from people who want to "take a look". )

My guess is that my total "out of pocket cost" was LESS than two dollars, not counting the padlock that I already had..

yours, satx

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Sasquatch,

As I own my Dad's treasured bamboo flyrod that he bought in 1940, I don't need yours.
    BUT
    I thought you would like to know how to make a suitable/CHEAP/TOUGH case to transport or mail it in.

A suitable sized piece of RIGID PVC "plastic" pipe, a little PVC glue & two end caps of a diameter that fits the rod, in its "sock", will protect your NICE rod from damage.
    (I've taken the rod on numerous domestic/foreign airline trips & even the "clumsy & 100% UNCARING creatures", called baggage handlers have never hurt neither the rod nor the "homebrew case". - Fwiw, I drilled a hole "at an angle" through one end cap & the pipe for a "long shackle" padlock to protect the rod from people who want to "take a look". )

My guess is that my total "out of pocket cost" was LESS than two dollars, not counting the padlock that I already had..

yours, satx

appreciate the response SATX - I actually have a couple home brewed PVC rod tubes for my one-piece rods. Issue I run into is moreso the cost to ship something oversized - the last time I mailed off rod, I sold a 9' 4 piece. Still cost almost $30 in shipping.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    appreciate the response SATX - I actually have a couple home brewed PVC rod tubes for my one-piece rods. Issue I run into is moreso the cost to ship something oversized - the last time I mailed off rod, I sold a 9' 4 piece. Still cost almost $30 in shipping.

Sasquatch,

Depending on the destination, shipping by GREYHOUND BUS is CHEAP & reasonably QUICK.
    (IF the item will fit in the "luggage bay", GREYHOUND won't charge you extra for "oversize".- The last time that I checked, the length limit was60".)

Over 40+years, I've shipped all sorts of things (including large/heavy/difficult to locate antique car parts) by bus.

yours, satx

Top Bottom