• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShootWhenICan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Houston
    This is a professor?
    You'd think this was just another liberal activist........ultimately.......I guess she is.
    These are the kind of people who are teaching our kids??? And right here in Texas?
    I would have thought California, Illinois, New York......what the hell is going on out there???

[h=2]Liberal Texas A&M law professor says it's time to repeal the Second Amendment[/h]
    Penrose-550x235.jpg

A full-time professor on the faculty of the newly-minted Texas A&M University School of Law called for the repeal and replacement of the Second Amendment on Friday.

The professor, Mary Margaret “Meg” Penrose, made her controversial declaration during a day-long panel symposium on gun control and the Second Amendment at the University of Connecticut School of Law in Hartford.

UConn’s main student-run journal, The Connecticut Law Review, organized the event, according to Connecticut Public Radio. It was well-attended, primarily by law students, law professors and local attorneys.

Penrose was among the speakers, reports CTNewsJunkie, a Connecticut news site.

Penrose cited the Sandy Hook massacre, which occurred in Connecticut, as well as other mass shootings including the 2011 Tucson shooting that left six people dead and U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords critically wounded.

Noting her own outrage that Americans continue to tolerate gun violence, Penrose asked audience members to raise their hands if they thought laws intended to prevent gun violence have been successful. No one raised a hand.

“I think I’m in agreement with you and, unfortunately, drastic times require drastic measures,” the professor said, according to CTNewsJunkie. “I think the Second Amendment is misunderstood and I think it’s time today, in our drastic measures, to repeal and replace that Second Amendment.”
    Penrose then proposed a solution that would allow each state to determine its own gun policies.

“The beauty of a ‘states’ rights model’ solution is it allows those of you who want to live in a state with strong restrictions to do so and those who want to live in a state with very loose restrictions to do so,” the professor explained.

Penrose also noted that she tells students in her constitutional law courses that the entire United States Constitution is an obsolete document.

“Why do we keep such an allegiance to a constitution that was driven by 18th Century concerns?” she asked, according to CTNewsJunkie. “How many of you recognize that the main concern of the 18th Century was a standing army? That’s what motivated the Second Amendment: fear of a standing army.”

She described herself as “somewhat agnostic about guns” but “extremely passionate about” the Constitution she calls outdated.
    Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy also spoke at the event, stressing his belief that the Second Amendment offers a limited right and bragging about the strict gun control laws he signed earlier this year.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    "Drastic times require drastic measures" - words used to justify tyranny and oppression all through history. Never mind that in these "drastic" times violent crime of all kinds has been on the decline for decades. Idiot.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Hah, good luck. I grew up in a very left-leaning area, and some of my long time friends still adhere to a very liberal political view (I do not). They will fight for 2A right along side me. Heck, the first time I went shooting as a kid (not counting camp), a bleeding heart liberal took me. So while we may disagree on many points in politics, we're very united on our right to bear arms.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Whatever bitch.

Call me when you can get 38 states to ratify an amendment repealing the 2nd.

Until then you're nothing.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Well, we think that Texas is a free state and for the time being it is a free state. However, the education system is working over time into making us a liberal state. It is time that we get a much more balanced group teaching in TX schools, both secondary schools and colleges. This person probably has been there long enough that she is protected, and that is the problem exactly.

Here is a link to a debate on the question of "Is 2A outdated?"

Second Amendment Debate: Moving the Goal Posts | Shall Not Be Questioned

Very interesting, mainly centered on the first clause of 2A, but both sides are very well known people and use logic to support their side.
    Is "self-defense" the basic human right, and having a gun is a secondary right to support the self-defense?
    I think the wrong side won the debate, but good guys on both side

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    the problem is that professors like this are everywhere on college campus's . once they have tenure you cant get rid of them. And lots of minds full of mush students , dont have the parenting to know what is right.

Top Bottom