• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • para_bellum

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 29, 2019
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I have little fishing experience but my kids want to get into it. Anyone know of good bank fishing spots near Austin? Progress thus far:
    - Walked around Lady Bird lake, it's very busy (ie. kayaks, boats, sorority girls), only a couple spots. Not a bite.
    - Red Bud Isle looks nice but it's been closed for a while due to "red algae" (should we go there anyway?)
    - Tried the lake at Bastrop, looks great but no bank fishing. Boat rentals for a single person skiff start at $60, may try this but that seems steep.
    - Tried Lake Austin, same problems as Lady Bird
    - What about Lake Travis? Very expensive to rent a boat

We live near Reimer's Ranch but I doubt there's much water in the Pedernales this time of year. Will look here in the spring.

Don't care about the type of fish at this point, just want to catch something. Eventually it would nice to get something big enough to bring home for dinner.

Thanks!
    Target Sports

OJ knives

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2017
    Not too far from Austin you can hit Kyle park lake, nephews used to like fishing there or Fisher park in New Braunfels, this was stocked with perch and catfish 2 years ago.
    If you want to have fun find a nice size creek, throw some creamed corn and a handful of kernel corn, bait your hook with corn and hold on. You will catch carp that will give you a good fight.
    Keep getting your kids out of the house and have fun.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom