Join TexasGunTalk

Banks at it again, Targeting Spikes Tactical now

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SC-Texas, Oct 10, 2018.

1. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I heard California is becoming less populated.

2. MTA89

MTA89 Lives in a van down by the river TGT Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    Almost Oklahoma
    Id rather guzzle a bottle of clorox, but thanks for the suggestion :laughing:

easy rider likes this.
  3. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That is a strawman. No one has claimed to be in favor of these business choices. But just as I may not be in favor of what someone says, I am in favor of their right to say it.

They generally shouldn’t. But they have the (unrespected)right.

Yes it is. The founders of our republic specifically avoided a direct democracy due to its threat to individual liberties. It was also set up so that the fed gov was only meant to help settle disputes between states and provide for national security. It was never intended to regulate business practices within states or slowly encroach on the sovereignty of the states or the individuals within.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDan likes this.
  4. avvidclif

avvidclif RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Read my comments and understand. I am AGAINST government regulations.

5. sharkey

sharkey Active Member

Feb 25, 2013
    No, you made that clear. So govt. should not regulate business or anything at all? If no business regulation than you purely expect the businesses to regulate themselves thru pure capitalism? A bit hypocritical don't you think? Do you celebrate any govt. actions where the federal govt. does something positive to guarantee your constitutional rights? Just as businesses do some things well and some terribly, the feds, state, and municipalities do the same thing.

6. easy rider

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    What constitutional right are you referring to?

7. sharkey

sharkey Active Member

Feb 25, 2013
    The Heller decision off the top of my head.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

8. easy rider

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That is a ruling towards the 2nd amendment and has nothing to do with how a bank does business.

9. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not only that, but it was a ruling AGAINST government regulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy rider likes this.
  10. sharkey

sharkey Active Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Splain how that is a strawman argument. So there is no correlation btw a bank banning a customer because of the business they are involved in and the NFL banning officers from being armed at their games (doesn't apply in TX last I checked)?

I don't think I ever said they currently didn't have the right to do so but I am saying it is wrong and something should be done to not allow it. Seeing that the businesses are not going to regulate themselves, govt. steps in just like they have before but you'll would rather have people/businesses be discriminated against (as long as it does not include a protected class) rather than have the govt. enforce anything. What "rights" does a corporate entity have? Are they to be given the same Constitutional rights as citizens?? Perhaps the lawyer that rails against LE can come here and splain it.

Exactly. You are not telling me anything I don't already know. What happens when a majority of business' discriminate against lawful gun owners since you don't think govt. should step in to regulate it? You also mention the govt. was never intended to regulate business practices within states. First, I assume you mean the federal govt. and secondly, this doesn't apply since the bank obviously is involved in interstate commerce. Pssst, the feds encroached on the sovereignty of the states a long time ago.